Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Anyone traveling yet
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Anyone traveling yet

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next
GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 05/04/20 12:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Lwiddis wrote:

I agree, JC2. When its as safe as possible for me and my fellow Americans.

Thanks and that's very thoughtful of you.

It's what others don't realize. If they are asymptomatic super carrier, they will be infecting and endangering a lot of other people.

asymptomatic super carrier? More infectious than a run of the mill regular carrier? Can they sneeze here and infect someone 4 counties away or something?

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/04/20 02:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Lwiddis wrote:

I agree, JC2. When its as safe as possible for me and my fellow Americans.

Thanks and that's very thoughtful of you.

It's what others don't realize. If they are asymptomatic super carrier, they will be infecting and endangering a lot of other people.

asymptomatic super carrier? More infectious than a run of the mill regular carrier? Can they sneeze here and infect someone 4 counties away or something?

Huh? [emoticon][emoticon][emoticon][emoticon]

wildtoad

Blythewood, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/04/20 02:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How the heck is someone driving in an RV, staying at a state park, or KOA, walking down the trails, going to the same grocery chain as when home, following the CDC guidelines for masks, distancing, and not touching any thing in any way going to spread the virus? If I can go to my local grocery store, pharmacy, gas station, big box store, how is going to a campground any worse? If I use my own food, cooked on my campsite or in my RV, and say squat to my neighbor how is that spreading the virus? If I can go inside a restaurant to pick up a to go order In my small town, I should be able to do the same thing near the campground. The only difference - oh wait there is none!

I get it we have to be cautious and wash this, cover that, stand back. But there are ways to do things we’ve always done.

Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

js218

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 05/04/20 03:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Agree 100 percent

2017 Haulmark 45' Super C 600hp, 12 speed I shift transmission, tandem drive axles, 3 stage engine brake, towing 26' trailer with an 08 explorer inside.
Jim

Lwiddis

West & above Bishop, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/04/20 04:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Obviously, Steve, honor your reservations. Hopefully you won’t spread any of the virus. Most important? Honoring your reservations and the “fun” of camping!

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

Lwiddis

West & above Bishop, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/04/20 05:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wildtoad is wishing for a ideal that will never be or never will be sustained. Wildtoad’s objective is the “fun” of camping and he/she unable to postpone its pleasures. Short term vs. long term.

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 05/04/20 07:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yep, I plan to do do what I want when I want. If I want to go camping I will find a place and go. If you are so worried then stay home and hide in the closet! I for one have been doing the same thing I have always done since March! I’ve been going to work everyday working on different cars daily.

All this Covid “stuff” has gotten so out of hand it’s become laughable. The elderly and sick should stay home and be safe. Let everyone else get back to a normal life!

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

chuckftboy

Fleming Island, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 05/04/20 07:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just returned from Perdido Key, on the gulf. Pretty full resort and a lot of RV's on the road. Didn't see anyone hugging, kissing or even hanging in groups of 10 or more but sure was a lot fun for everyone there.

2019 Horizon 42Q Maxim Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 05/04/20 09:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

chuckftboy wrote:

Just returned from Perdido Key, on the gulf. Pretty full resort and a lot of RV's on the road. Didn't see anyone hugging, kissing or even hanging in groups of 10 or more but sure was a lot fun for everyone there.

Good to hear.

shannon62

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 05/05/20 06:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello All, we have a trip planned for myrtle beach in june, and also a trip to erie in august. Do not know whether to go or not, we do not like the idea that we have to wear mask while sitting on the beach.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Anyone traveling yet
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.