cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Leveling jack replacement on 2011 Damon

AikenRacer
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2011 Damon gas motorhome. Replacing the front leveling jack. I have a couple of questions.
1) Once the new jack is on and connected, do the lines have to be bled and if so, how do you do it?
2) The reservoir for the hydraulic fluid has a screw fill cap with a dip stick connected to it. No markings on the dip stick except for two lines. No markings on the plastic tank either. I presume one is full and the lower one is add. Question is should the level be checked with the jacks down or up?
3) Any other tips or comments welcome.
Thanks!!
2012 Tuscany 42RQ tag
2005 Silverado 2500 w/ piggy back golf cart
4 REPLIES 4

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Power gear hydraulic jacks say to run the jack all the way down. then retract it THREE TIMES using the controls inside.

I would suggest running the front end of the coach up on at least 3 layers of 2x tire width plank

Since my jacks are non-op I have a set of stair steps not unlike the ones in the current edition of FMCA mag.. But slightly different.

They beveled the lead end of the planks (I did not 22.5 inch wheels you don't need tobervel)

one plank 3 foot
one two foot
Oen one foot
I you are not careful you can over run so a "Stop" say just beyond that last step might not be a bad idea (add 4 inches to each layer and put a beveled 4x4 on the end of the top step)

or in your case you can lay plank down and not glue 'em together as I did.

Then run the jacks down 3 or 4 times to maximum extention and retract.. That's what Power gear says will do it.. Me. not so sure. When I re-activate mine I'll install bleeders.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

AikenRacer
Explorer
Explorer
They are Lippert jacks....
2012 Tuscany 42RQ tag
2005 Silverado 2500 w/ piggy back golf cart

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Level is taken with jacks RETRACTED. Odds are you have LCI jacks or Equalizer. BOTH, level is done Retracted. IF LCI or Equalizer. Operate the jacks to full extension and retraction 5 times. Leaving the jacks fully extended for 10 minutes between operations. This allows the air in the system to migrate back towards the reservoir. If HWH, they are self bleeding. Just extend and retract 2 or 3 times. Doug

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
What brand and model jack do you have?
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/