cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need a MH inspector in the Tampa area

AikenRacer
Explorer
Explorer
A good friend of mine is buying a used MH from LazyDays in Tampa. Due to Covid 19 situation, he cannot go to Tampa to pick it up but they have someone that can deliver it. We are in South Carolina. They quoted him $15K for an extended warranty which seems high to me. I suggested that he finds an independent inspector in the Tampa area to go to LazyDays and do a bumper to bumper inspection for him. Does anyone know of someone in the Tampa area that can do this and what an average fee for this type service would be? Thanks!
2012 Tuscany 42RQ tag
2005 Silverado 2500 w/ piggy back golf cart
6 REPLIES 6

BUB1988
Explorer
Explorer
We have had the opportunity to use Drew as well with no complaints.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
That price for an extended service contract is crazy. I purchased a 7 yr coverage for under $4k and the insurance company has been great to work with-- they've covered everything.

Regarding inspections, I live in the Tampa area and keep my coach at a commercial storage facility. One day, a guy came in and was checking out a RV. I went over to talk and he was an inspector. He showed me his multiple page inspection list and I was impressed by the depth he went into. Since then, I've stopped at his repair shop for a few odds and ends. He has a nice multi-bay shop setup for all sizes of RV. The business is Drews RV, here's his web page.
Drew's RV
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

AikenRacer
Explorer
Explorer
I found a guy at inspectrv.com. It is a tag axle Tiffin a few years old. Thanks!
2012 Tuscany 42RQ tag
2005 Silverado 2500 w/ piggy back golf cart

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
$15k will do a lot of repairs. Get a pro inspection and decline the warranty. OP didnโ€™t say his friend didnโ€™t view, drive the RV. He said friend canโ€™t pick it up.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
a wise move, and $15k no way. P.S never buy some thing used sight unseen. look on google might find a inspector. check florida area.

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Post a little more info on what he is considering.

Someone familiar with a gas coach may not be familiar with a diesel coach.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/