cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2 pin panel-mount electrical socket and plug?

maillemaker
Explorer
Explorer
Hoping you electrical experts can point me to something non-RV related.

I just bought a pull-behind sprayer for spraying weed killer in my yard. It has a 12V pump on it spray the chemicals. Not sure how much current it draws. I'll be pulling it behind my garden tractor.

This is it: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YEQ45PC

It comes with alligator clips to attach to the power source (battery).

My battery is under the tractor seat and I'm afraid if I clip connectors onto it they will touch the metal bottom of the seat and short out. Plus it's not easy to turn the pump on and off while driving the tractor that way.

So I'm going to install a 12V rocker switch on the dash of the tractor, and then I want to install a panel-mount socket and plug on the back of the tractor.

So I'm looking for a panel-mount connector for this purpose. 2 pin.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
1990 Winnebago Warrior. "She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts!"

7 REPLIES 7

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
The pump should not draw any where the amperage that is being posted. Most of the pumps are simply and 12 volt transfer pump similar to the demand pump used in many RVs. My pump is a ShurFlo 3.8 gallon with no pressure switch.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

wborst
Explorer
Explorer
Go to a boat shop and purchase a connector for a trolling motor. They can carry up to 30 amps.

This part and This part.
Brenda, Bill
Our little dog Madison has crossed the Rainbow Bridge
2003 Newmar Mountain Aire 40ft. Spartan chassis
400 hp Cummins ISL

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
https://www.northerntool.com/images/downloads/manuals/282780.pdf

Says it draws 8 amps running,. Likely up to 40 starting

Anderson power poles Get 'em from WestMountain Radio and a roll of 10 ga wire Be sure to fuse the leads at the battery Power poles come in many assorted flavors You can get 'em with leads attached (easiest) I have the tool to attach them. You can get 'em in a round snap in assembly I'd support the tractor to trailer line after the power connection (They are easy to pull apart) they are also "Asexual" that is there is no male and female

alternative is the good old reliable flat 2 connetor (Like the flat 4 trailer connector used on small trailers without brakes but onlky 2 pins)

I like the power poles though Use a lot of 'em.

You can also get heavier ones at NAPA Same general design but way heavier. These are often used on tow trucks for the jumper cables.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

ndrorder
Explorer
Explorer
Norther Tool lists the same sprayer that has a pump with an 8 amp draw. Anderson is good. Might be able to get away with SAE solar connectors such as:

https://smile.amazon.com/CERRXIAN-Weatherproof-Sidewall-Disconnect-Harness/dp/B07TB7XH2H/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=sae+flush+mount&qid=1586789654&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-4

DennisVR
Explorer
Explorer
I did the same thing with my sprayer. I searched Amazon for a 2 prong 12 volt plug and got the one that has # 10 gauge wire.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I used a standard two wire connector from auto parts store.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

stang37
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at this. Anderson-Power-Products/3-6055P2