cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

turn on camera for video conferencing

jrs1871
Explorer
Explorer
Will the Covid shutdown, our doctor has gone to teleconferencing for checkup appointments. I have a Moto5g and have been unable to get the camera to function for a conference. I can see the doctor fine, but nothing comes through from my end.
So I loaded Zoom to see if I could bet that video conferencing to work. It loaded fine but when I tried to set up a link with my daughter, who has Zoom, it would not complete the invite.
Obviously I am doing something wrong, missing a step, or have something set wrong but I need to figure it out for a doctor conference next week.
6 REPLIES 6

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
ndrorder wrote:
When installing zoom last week, the speaker and camera had to be authorized for zoom usage. On the left most screen, (hands free screen) we had to select 'use device audio'. Once selected, then zoom asked for access to the microphone and camera.

X2. I needed to do the same with Zoom on my android tablet this morning.
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
My phone is so old it wouldn't even load Zoom - incompatible Android version.

jrs1871
Explorer
Explorer
Well after a lot of trial and error, searching the user manual and the internet, I found out why I couldn't turn on the camera for video conferencing. My phone doesn't have that capability. Since it has been acting up quite a bit lately, I think it is time for replacement. I did get almost four years out of it so I guess it is time.

ndrorder
Explorer
Explorer
When installing zoom last week, the speaker and camera had to be authorized for zoom usage. On the left most screen, (hands free screen) we had to select 'use device audio'. Once selected, then zoom asked for access to the microphone and camera.

jhlady
Explorer
Explorer
In Zoom you have to click on Start Video to get your camera broadcasting. You might also go into Windows Camera application and make sure your camera is functioning properly as well.

Same with Audio, to enable your microphone you need to Start Audio.

Hope this helps. FYI, Zoom has a number of YouTube videos that are very well done and may help you through this process as well.

John

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
We're just learning also but there may be a small icon that shows a camera (ours is in the upper right) that you have to click on for the other party to see you.
We have the same video conference with our doctor for next Monday. We may be good at this before it is all over.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)