cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cooking on a Discada

OleManOleCan
Explorer
Explorer
Tonight I cooked Fried Cabbage/Hot Sausages/Bacon/Onion/ and Bell Pepper.
I prepared everything in the house and cooked on my Discada out on my back patio. Great meal.
15 REPLIES 15

OleManOleCan
Explorer
Explorer
Last night I grilled Hamburger Steaks, Fried Potatoes, Fried Onions, and Mushrooms on my 24" Discada. One of my favorites.
Easy one pot meal. Clean up took maybe 10 minutes.

This weekend I'm gonna Deep Fry a bunch of Chicken Wings.
They cook up real well in a Discada.
That's another easy cook...

OleManOleCan
Explorer
Explorer
Addition to my 24" Discada thread...

I have a room off my patio where I keep my camp cooking gear, my new Discada is to large for my cubby hole that I kept my Discada's in.
Right now I have it suspended from a beam with a chain and a large hook. Ya got to plan for storage for your cooking gear.

I guess my next project is to build a larger bin that will hold my Discada's.

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Party on OleMan! It will be interesting to see how many folks want to potluck and gather at the campground this summer.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

OleManOleCan
Explorer
Explorer
I gave in to temptation. I ordered a 24" Discada from Agri Supply.
Amazon had it at my house in 6 days.
I didn't need a burner. I have one I built for my Discada's and for Craw Fish Boils.
Next day I seasoned it 3 times, then made my favorite Steak Stir Fry with it. The wide bottom of the 24" gives a better skillet like surface for cooking. The sides keep items warm.
The 24" will easily hold 3 lbs or meat, a Pound of Onion & Peppers, a pound of Veggies, a 16 oz. can of Diced tomato's and a large can of Pineapple Rings. (Love Grilled Pineapple)
I served it over fried rice.

WARNING... Don't order one of these and expect small or medium.
This thing is big, and weights 27 lbs empty.
(Think Party Cooker)
I did my 2nd big cook Saturday. I Deep Fried a bunch of Chicken pieces. I used Peanut Oil, and heated the Discada to 350ยฐ.
Another easy cook. *Fried Chicken and Mashed Potatoes and gravy.

hokeypokey
Explorer
Explorer
Vintage465 wrote:
Super_Dave wrote:
A buddy and I made a few with the tractor blade and horseshoes.

That is real cool.............I think I have all the stuff to make that! And I'm usually not critical about descriptions........but I'm a farm boy, that is a disc blade, not a tractor blade......

Disc blade, yes. Great idea to create this !

OleManOleCan
Explorer
Explorer
Super_Dave wrote:
Wish you would have posted a pic. I like seeing what others discada looks like. Did you make yours or buy it?

I made my first and second Discada's.
1st was a 22" with traditional Horseshoe handles. Sold it to a friend.
2nd was a 18" with traditional Horseshoe handles. (Still have it)

I have located a 24", but haven't decided on the build.
My buddy the Welder got a promotion to City Attorney, and has
reduced time now...

The 24" has lots of sideboard room for Tortillas plus lots of room for cooking. Only a matter of time till I have a larger one again.

I have cooked on Discada's since sometime in the 90s.
I saw some Mexicans cooking on one out in Southern Arizona, and we built my first one when I returned home. I located the components, and my welder made us two. (I love cooking on em)

ksbowman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Super_Dave wrote:
NRALIFR wrote:
What happens with the holes? In the disk?

:):)

Some have a square hole and just require a piece of flat stock be welded in to fill the hole. Round hole, some washers work to fill the hole.
Dave is right on the money. Weld up and grind smooth.

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
NRALIFR wrote:

Some have a square hole and just require a piece of flat stock be welded in to fill the hole. Round hole, some washers work to fill the hole.

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer

2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
Super_Dave wrote:

That is real cool.............I think I have all the stuff to make that! And I'm usually not critical about descriptions........but I'm a farm boy, that is a disc blade, not a tractor blade......
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer

ksbowman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had a friend that made one from an old disc blade. It worked great.

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
I had to look that one up. It looks like a wok with an attached heat source.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Please do add some pictures.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad