cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NH has closed all lodging facilities

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Gov. Sununu has closed hotels, motels and B&Bs to try and stem the tide of out-of-state visitors coming to use the state's outdoor areas. The article does not mention of campgrounds are included but at this time of year not many are open.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]
4 REPLIES 4

lmpres
Explorer
Explorer
In the article I read, the Gov said this order does not apply to campgrounds in NH. Below is from WMUR

"Sununu said the restrictions are another step in trying to slow the spread of COVID-19, particularly from other states. The restrictions include rentals from services such as Airbnb but does not include campgrounds."

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Your Governor has done what the Feds should have done. Smart man.

Issue is feds can't or it's at least questionable whether they can. Slow response from any governor is solely on them. They have the authority and responsibility. Sununu is not one to take orders-he acts. In about a week's time working with the national guard he built 14 surge site mobile hospitals even with the state having a low infection rate at this point.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
The Governor of West Virginia did that too last Wednesday. We were supposed to stay at the Flatwoods/Sutton WV KOA for one night on our way home from the South and got a call from them stating since we were from out of state, that we were not allowed to spend the night. We had to continue driving another 6 hours to get home. I certainly understood and they refunded our money but it made for a long 11 hour day on the road! Glad to be home where our family and physicians are if needed.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Crowe wrote:
Gov. Sununu has closed hotels, motels and B&Bs to try and stem the tide of out-of-state visitors coming to use the state's outdoor areas. The article does not mention of campgrounds are included but at this time of year not many are open.

Your Governor has done what the Feds should have done. Smart man.