cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How come?

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
How come when we go on a two or three week trip the time flies by. Seems like in no time it's over and time to head home.
But when I'm stuck at home for a week, it seems like months?
I guess the biggest pain is cancelling long awaited reservations for Fort Pickens, FL.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
33 REPLIES 33

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just when I thought that I had about caught up with all of the 'honey do's' the DW sprang a big one on me. Now she wants to get rid of the old carpet in the bedroom & refinish the wooden floor underneath!!!

This will not be fun since the room must remain functional during the job.

Oh well, at this point we are looking at six weeks minimum before getting out of here to do some travelling. Even the 5er needs about a weeks worth of annual refit before going anywhere.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
gbopp wrote:
It's pretty simple.
Time flies when you're having fun.
Time slows down when you're not having fun.

DITTO! I was going to type the same thing.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
bukhrn wrote:
lakeside013104 wrote:
I can't say why in your case, my why is because I really don't want to be at home in the first place. ๐Ÿ˜ž
from above statement.

Sorry to hear that. I enjoy being around home. I can stay busy 12 hours every day. Always something to do outdoors or indoors on foul weather days.

Cut, split, & stack 10 to 12 cords of firewood, gardens to tend, canning to do in season, lawns to mow, fishing, camping, atving, hunting, snow sledding, working with the tractor and shooting to do, maintenance on equipment, construction of decks and utility buildings, and always maintenance on the home, apartment, and garages.

For indoor work, there is reloading ammunition, tying flies, cleaning inside of camper, help with the cooking and housework, reading, watching a favorite movie, talking to friends on electronic devices and so much else to do.

I am never bored. I start my day planning to do one thing, when I notice something else that needs to be done. Always busy and love every minute of being around home. I do not need to be entertained for I can keep myself busy.

If you don't enjoy being around your home, there probably are other issues that you are dealing with. Best of luck and I hope things get better in your life.

Lakeside
Oh, I've got plenty of things I could do around home, but I'd rather be out with the RV somewhere than doing any of them here.

bukhrn, you are correct. Always good to be out in the RV, especially if that outing is in the north woods of Maine where the waters close by and the wildlife can be enjoyed.

I never have to 'have' a reason to go camping. I wake up in the morning and the weather is fine and the forecast is good for several days, pack the grub and the fishpole in the TC and take off camping for a few days or a week. All good, but priorities in my life dictat that work must be done around my home so that my family will be kept warm and fed during the cold winter months.

All in perspective of what your ultimate goals are chosen to be. I had hoped to go camping this weekend, but due to the 12" of heavy wet snow in the forecast, I will reschedule my visit with Mother Nature for a short time.

Best of everything to you and yours and be safe.

Lakeside

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
lakeside013104 wrote:
I can't say why in your case, my why is because I really don't want to be at home in the first place. ๐Ÿ˜ž from above statement.

Sorry to hear that. I enjoy being around home. I can stay busy 12 hours every day. Always something to do outdoors or indoors on foul weather days.

Cut, split, & stack 10 to 12 cords of firewood, gardens to tend, canning to do in season, lawns to mow, fishing, camping, atving, hunting, snow sledding, working with the tractor and shooting to do, maintenance on equipment, construction of decks and utility buildings, and always maintenance on the home, apartment, and garages.

For indoor work, there is reloading ammunition, tying flies, cleaning inside of camper, help with the cooking and housework, reading, watching a favorite movie, talking to friends on electronic devices and so much else to do.

I am never bored. I start my day planning to do one thing, when I notice something else that needs to be done. Always busy and love every minute of being around home. I do not need to be entertained for I can keep myself busy.

If you don't enjoy being around your home, there probably are other issues that you are dealing with. Best of luck and I hope things get better in your life.

Lakeside
Oh, I've got plenty of things I could do around home, but I'd rather be out with the RV somewhere than doing any of them here.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
westernrvparkowner wrote:
Guy Roan wrote:
Crowe wrote:
Remember, it only takes one person to infect 4,000 in a week.

Show the data. Curious.

It is simple math Crow:
-One infected person contacts 10 people who contract it.
-those 10 people each give it to 10 people = 100
-those 100 people each give it to 10 people = 1000
-those 1000 people each give it to 10 people = 10,000
that is not even a week and that is what has happened in NY

Guy
Fortunately your rate of infection spread is pure fantasy. At your rate of infection everyone on the planet, some nine billion people, would have been infected in less than three weeks from the time of the very first case in China. You theorize that cases expand weekly by a factor of 10,000. So your 10,000 cases at the end of week one will have grown to 100 million at the end of week two. In the third week the planet is 100% infected before Wednesday. As you correctly pointed out, it is simple math.

"Simply Math" -Sure, I was using an example.

Take some cases out here and there and see what happens, and that is exactly what has happened in the hot spots, such as New York, and that is not "fantasy" !

Guy

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
I can't say why in your case, my why is because I really don't want to be at home in the first place. ๐Ÿ˜ž from above statement.

Lakeside

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
garmp wrote:
How come when we go on a two or three week trip the time flies by. Seems like in no time it's over and time to head home.
But when I'm stuck at home for a week, it seems like months?
I guess the biggest pain is cancelling long awaited reservations for Fort Pickens, FL.
I can't say why in your case, my why is because I really don't want to be at home in the first place. ๐Ÿ˜ž
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
We recently retired and had BIG travel/RV plans.

Canary island - canceled
Ocean city - canceled
Holliday lake - canceled
Bermuda - pending - July

This sucks for sure but I see this all ending in a matter of a few weeks.

Stay positive and make the most of it.

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
I had three weekend trips cancelled and an 8 day trip in 3 CGs cancelled for this month. My 7 day trip for May is also cancelled.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
dodge guy wrote:
Crowe wrote:

Show the data. Curious.

I agree. Let's it get it over with already....why drag this out longer than it should be. We're on,y delaying the inevitable! We will all get it in some form or another! And remember.......not everyone is going to get sick from it, and most of all not everyone will die.

https://www.professorhinkley.com/blog/why-is-oregon-still-on-lock-down

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:

Show the data. Curious.

I agree. Let's it get it over with already....why drag this out longer than it should be. We're on,y delaying the inevitable! We will all get it in some form or another! And remember.......not everyone is going to get sick from it, and most of all not everyone will die.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
aftermath wrote:
We're a ways into self isolation and it's really upsetting me to witness my wife standing at the living room window gazing aimlessly into space with tears running down her cheeks. It breaks my heart to see her like this this. I've thought very hard about how I can cheer her up. I have even considered perhaps letting her into the house - but rules are rules.

At least you could pass her out a little TP for the tears, OPPS no TP available. Maybe consider passing her out one of her old blouses or tee shirts. At least she will feel better knowing you are thinking about her!!!!!

Lakeside

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
^
That's terrible, hope you have only a few days left of your "self" isolation. :B

aftermath
Explorer II
Explorer II
We're a ways into self isolation and it's really upsetting me to witness my wife standing at the living room window gazing aimlessly into space with tears running down her cheeks. It breaks my heart to see her like this this. I've thought very hard about how I can cheer her up. I have even considered perhaps letting her into the house - but rules are rules.
2017 Toyota Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7L V8
2006 Airstream 25 FB SE
Equalizer Hitch