cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rest areas in NH closing

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
As of 4 p.m. on Sunday, 4/5, all state-operated rest areas and welcome centers will be closed. The Hooksett plaza on Rt. 93 will remain open as it is not operated by the state.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]
9 REPLIES 9

Mayor30
Explorer
Explorer
Pa closed all rest areas, then after many complaints,opened all back up. Truckers need places to rest and use the bathrooms.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
No exemption for truckers?

Closed as in the restroom facilities and welcome desks will be closed. I don't believe they are physically blocking the parking lots-you just won't have access to the buildings.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:
Prices weren't that good there, anyway.

LOL-they were always better than the prices in MA when I lived there. The liquor store may stay open-they are considered "essential businesses". Go figure.

I always found Hannaford's a little further north/east to have some of the best prices around, when we traveled east through New York and New England to the Atlantic Provinces.
Ontario just closed the cannabis stores as being non-essential. However, they're leaving beer/liquor stores open for medical reasons, with reduced hours.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:
As of 4 p.m. on Sunday, 4/5, all state-operated rest areas and welcome centers will be closed. The Hooksett plaza on Rt. 93 will remain open as it is not operated by the state.
No exemption for truckers?
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer

LOL-they were always better than the prices in MA when I lived there. The liquor store may stay open-they are considered "essential businesses". Go figure.

Douglas Adams

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:
How about the first one on 95 ,with the State Liquor
Store in it???

I believe so as it's state run.

Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Store in it???

I believe so as it's state run.

Douglas Adams

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
I think it means only the building not the parking lot. It says โ€œWe recognize that New Hampshireโ€™s rest areas and welcome centers are a valuable resource for visitors and are confident that they can access amenities located outside of the buildings on a temporary self-service basis while staff transition work duties to support other essential state services,โ€

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:

Store in it???
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES