cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

25ft Toy Hauler Suggestions

Dyms77
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone. Im new to this forum. I currently have a 31ft travel trailer which is too big to park in my driveway, so I'm currently paying for storage. Instead im thinking about downgrading for something that I can fit in my driveway. 25ft would be the max. I dont have too much of a preference of toy hauler vs travel trailer. However I'm kind of leaning towards toy hauler because itll give me more room for storage. Also, in my opinion they look nicer. Any toy hauler suggestions? Also, I really think a slide out would be nice to add some more space. We're a family of 5.any suggestions would be appreciated.
17 REPLIES 17

hvac
Explorer
Explorer
Best of luck in your search. Remember to peel back the onion, don't get distracted by how pretty it is.

Flashman
Explorer
Explorer
I liked the Grand Design but they gave up a lot of storage for a stupid outdoor kitchen. It killed it for me.

Teamjd
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for the same thing, Besides the grand Design, I found this:

Coachmen RV Adrenaline 21LT

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
There is a Forest River Sierria T23 also but I do not know the length including hitch.

They actually are Sierra Sports, without the Sport they are a travel trailer. The Sport makes it a Toy Hauler.
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

Dyms77
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for sharing. I like that ATC with all the aluminum. However, I don't think it'll work for the family. They've got very used to the comfort of our current trailer. Although the ATC looks nice, it doesn't look very comfortable.

And that Forest River Sierra is also nice, but too big. 25' is the max we can go.

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
For a family of 5 I see the need for a slide/s but with modern building standards I feel they will be more trouble than they are worth.

While a bit older our Forest River Sierra toy hauler is labeled as a T26 and is just a few inches under 30' hitch to bumper. With two adults up front there is three separate beds in back, assuming using the fold down benches. The big bed that lower down though could easily sleep 4 small kids by itself.
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

hvac
Explorer
Explorer
ATC can build you a lifetime of reliability 23 or 25 foot toy hauler, and yes no slide. They do offer canvas push out for sleeping. That all being said, if you want long term durability and no surprises 2 things need to be NOT in your rv. Wood(top to bottom) and slides.

Latner
Nomad
Nomad
Dyms77 wrote:
Anyone aware of any that length with slide outs?

Grand Design has one with a bedroom slide, it's 26'11" hitch to bumper. Looked this one over real good and really liked it, but dealer started talking out of both sides of his mouth and killed the deal.

Edit for length

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
FrankoToo wrote:
I don't think you're going to find any toy hauler trailer in the 25 ft. range with a slide.

Ditto. I've never seen a bumper pull toy hauler under 30' with a slide.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Flashman
Explorer
Explorer
Dyms77 wrote:

I think Ground design has one. They don't have wheel wells on the inside is how they made it work. I looked hard at them but went with a 5th wheel instead.

Dyms77
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, disregard my last message. I hadn't read the other replies above. That makes sense about slideouts not being common on that size of toy hauler. Thanks, everyone for the replies.

Dyms77
Explorer
Explorer

twodownzero
Explorer
Explorer
A 23 foot toy hauler is generally the smallest size. They all have the same basic configuration with the bathroom and kitchen in front and the garage behind that which is really just a large open area. Beds can be bunks above the door, the dinnette, or both. They're regularly available for $5k on Craigslist.

FrankoToo
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think you're going to find any toy hauler trailer in the 25 ft. range with a slide. The slide, when retracted will eat into the cargo area and for those of that haul larger toys, that is a lot of cargo space to give up. The Stryker in my sig is the smallest of the line and even it pushes 27 ft. tip to toe.

Good luck in your search.
FrankoToo
2018 Cruiser Stryker ST2313
2011 Ford F450 6.7L PS 4X4 Crew Cab Lariat