cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV GPS

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
How many of you have/use a GPS for RVs? We currently have a Garmin Drive Smart 61, which is a basic auto GPS, but we're thinking of upgrading to one designed for RVs to add such features like tunnel/bridge height, various length issues, etc.
Particularly the height issue.
What's available that won't cost and arm & leg?
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
12 REPLIES 12

tdiller
Explorer
Explorer
I use an app called trucker path. Height is taken into consideration when routes are planned. I also use it to verify that google maps is doing the same sort of thing.

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have the Garmin RV 660LMT which I don't think they make any longer. There are now different ones. It is very good unit, but still makes a few mistakes. No matter which GPS you purchase, which I highly recommend, you should also get the Rand McNally TRUCKER's atlas. I have the laminated version. This way you can double check the RV directions with truck routes.

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
2x on CoPilot. I loaded the App to my cell phone then had DW drive me around in the car with it on to see how it worked. I was satisfied so I bought the RV addition for $29.99. The RV App is a one year subscription.
In my case I bought a Samsung 8" TAB A (on sale) and loaded the RV app to that.
I also picked up a dash mount and tab holder from ProClip USA.
One thing though, I had to do some research and spend a couple of days figuring out how to get it to work.
Forgot to add...I always carry an Truck Atlas and fold up paper maps. Look up my route the night before and check for problems.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the CoPilot app. You can download preloaded maps to your phone so it will work when cellular signal is lost. You can also set height and length as well as tunnel restrictions.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
wski wrote:
. Love the voice command and the preloaded RV parks along with the POIs. Looking forward to the day I can put it through its tests.
๐Ÿ™‚

On my 760 it sometimes doesn't understand my native language , Texan .:B

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
If you enjoy all the advanced electronics which locate you within a yard...all the time.
I donโ€™t and donโ€™t need them. I do use Forest Service, BLM and NP apps when off road.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

wski
Explorer
Explorer
Just purchased a garmin RV 770 and looks pretty promising. However, due to current crisis, have not had the opportunity to use it. Love the voice command and the preloaded RV parks along with the POIs. Looking forward to the day I can put it through its tests.
๐Ÿ™‚

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
MarkTwain wrote:
garmp wrote:
How many of you have/use a GPS for RVs? We currently have a Garmin Drive Smart 61, which is a basic auto GPS, but we're thinking of upgrading to one designed for RVs to add such features like tunnel/bridge height, various length issues, etc.

Garmin Delz 770 made for RV. 5 inch screen and can be operated with voice command. Well worth the $$$$.

actually the newest is RV 785 & Traffic
7" RV Navigator with Built-in Dash Cam
PART NUMBER 010-02228-00
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
garmp wrote:

Garmin Delz 770 made for RV. 5 inch screen and can be operated with voice command. Well worth the $$$$.

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use Smart Truck route app on my smart phone.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I assume you have searched this Forum for `gps' where there have been many posts.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
Garmin 785. Dash cam built in, lifetime updates . I use a 760 which is earlier version but still works , even has traffic. .