cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be Kind!

C-172-AV8R
Explorer
Explorer
It’s terrible what is happening right now. People are scared and in fear of losing there loved ones. We are all in this together. This Virus is not picky on who it attacks. We need to support and help each other and to do what we can. This is a time to make it about someone else not about you. Be Kind, stay safe and do what you can to stay healthy......Mike
Pacific Islanders
Abby's Doghouse... 31'Winnibago Chieftain
Casara pilot
FMCA F371731
"Any Day you wake up is a good one"
Mike/Ulla/Abby
26 REPLIES 26

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Fanatics a manufacturer of Baseball uniforms has switched to making masks and gowns..

HERE

In my local newspaper tonight, a local Chiropractor is also getting folks involved in making masks to donate to where ever needed..

C-172-AV8R
Explorer
Explorer
Stewart B.C. vows to look after their Neighbour a small Town in Alaska that has no access other than crossing the US Canadian Border. This is the Way it should be. Proud to be a Canadian.
I quote a comment left on the CBC web page.
“Invisible lines are no match for people with big hearts” How true.

CBC News.CA
Pacific Islanders
Abby's Doghouse... 31'Winnibago Chieftain
Casara pilot
FMCA F371731
"Any Day you wake up is a good one"
Mike/Ulla/Abby

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
We're trying to figure out the details for a tailgate party that includes the prerequisite social distancing. Starting to miss our friends and family. Also thinking about fostering a critter or two. My wife and I thought we were struck with it, but tested negative and are finally recovering from whatever bug bit us. Scary times but so far we are in a good place and actively looking for the silver lining.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
I had an idea the other night while talking to my MIL who lives in a warmer climate than us. It might be a nice idea for her to have a picnic with neighboring friends. Everyone would bring their own supplies - food, lawn chairs, wine, whatever - and stay distanced from each other, but have a fun and friendly get together outside.

We're definitely going to try that when our weather warms up - if things are still bad and if our weather ever warms up...

(Thanks for that link Gdetrailer.)

Edit: found a social distancing picnic emoticon...

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Back on topic I saw a story where a golden retriever is bringing a shopping list from and delivering groceries to the neighbor every day.

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
free radical wrote:
Best protection is to wear protective face mask when in crowds everyone in Asian countries does that now.
Its mind bogling none of our leaders would sugest such advice

There aren’t even enough masks for first responders and medical professionals as it is. The leaders and CDC are suggesting “everyone” not use them to prioritize those who need them the most. No boggling required.

I suppose the better question is why are those countries with so many masks hoarding them?

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Several weeks ago, a couples wedding plans in Pittsburgh was derailed, they decided to take all of their flowers that were for the wedding and created special arraignments for Meals on Wheels to give out with their meals!

Post on more positive news, folks!

Lot's of negative news out there and really don't need to spot light that, dig up the positive news and let it be heard!

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
Last year 50.000 people died from regular Flu alone and no one even mentioned that.
This bug is nowhere near that yet
World wide counter on Coro statistic

https://youtu.be/qgylp3Td1Bw

Btw
Best protection is to wear protective face mask when in crowds everyone in Asian countries does that now.
Its mind bogling none of our leaders would sugest such advice

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
I keep reading, on the neighborhood social websites, of neighbors offering to pick up groceries for someone who dares not go out; or one woman, who runs a pet care business, offering to take care of health care workers' pets if they were too tired at the end of a long shift to deal with them - and for free. People buyng meals for truckers.

When the news is filled with sadness - it's nice to know we are surrounded by wonderful, compassionate people everywhere 🙂
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
See if I can balance wa8xym's post back to the positive..

Over last weekend, a local Pizza shop chain made and donated free pizza's to our local Hospital!

A city not far from me a Church had a lot of leftover buns from their Fish Fry's, with the help of some other businesses made and donated 10,000 FREE meals to anyone that needed a meal!

A Child daycare center is making and giving away arts supply and activity kits to anyone with daycare age children to keep the kids active and busy.

Those are only a few of the examples I have seen in the news lately of caring folks stepping up in hard times to help those less fortunate in these times..

Keep it up folks!

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Was watching the news this AM.
President Trump has extended the recommended shut down through the end of April

He was commenting on all the Dead (I think in NY) the fact they had to bring in refrigerated truck to hold them because they ran out of room in the morgue.

He was... greatly subdued...

Some of you may know my opinion of Donald Trump. if you do you know this post is 100% observation. NOT political.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
Good positive post!

Best of health and safety to all.

Lakeside

Mommalu
Explorer
Explorer
I often wish we could like someones post. It's a good post, I have nothing more to add. So 2 big thumbs up.

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Well don't mention IT or its name - and to nice post will stay open. Those that did should edit so that it will stay open.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS