cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Insurance Recommendation?

rlb8s
Explorer
Explorer
Who likes their RV insurance? I am picking up a new to me 2012 Roadtrek and will be calling around for quotes. I'll be calling USAA but I want to get 2 or three more quotes as well. Any suggestions - good or bad. Thanks.
12 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity - named E-Pod
05 GMC 3500 SRW Crew Cab LB
10 Bass Cat Puma w/ 250 Mercury ProXS

Previous RVs -
14 Livin Lite 8.6
13 Pleasure-Way Lexor TS Class B
13 Tioga Montara 25K Class C
09 Lance 915 Truck Camper
10 REPLIES 10

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
I use State Farm - had one accident and they told me to take it to RV repair shop They paid the repair shop directly - never sent an inspector. No hassles and the insurance premium is too small to warrant shopping around.
Kevin

rlb8s
Explorer
Explorer
USAA passed me along to Progressive for USAA members and the quote was extremely high - even w/ my home and auto with USAA. The best rate I found was with Progressive thru Good Sam for the same coverage.
12 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity - named E-Pod
05 GMC 3500 SRW Crew Cab LB
10 Bass Cat Puma w/ 250 Mercury ProXS

Previous RVs -
14 Livin Lite 8.6
13 Pleasure-Way Lexor TS Class B
13 Tioga Montara 25K Class C
09 Lance 915 Truck Camper

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Elk_traveler wrote:
td
rlb8s wrote:
Who likes their RV insurance? I am picking up a new to me 2012 Roadtrek and will be calling around for quotes. I'll be calling USAA but I want to get 2 or three more quotes as well. Any suggestions - good or bad. Thanks.

I have had USAA for more than 25 yrs. and have had only tow claims over this period. They are absolutely pathetic. They advertise they are there for service and ex service personnel like myself but that's all BS and hype. They like most are simply trying to make as many $$ as they possibly can without having to pay out any or very little. That bunch that sits down in Texas HQ and talk to you on the phone are nothing but sales people looking for a commission on the sale. It has taken me 25+ years to realize how crummy they really are. They take the insurance premiums and buy up other businesses to grow the company. They worked with an adjustment firm that are in their pocket and nothing more than yes men and women in USAA favor and therefore always trying to save USAA money on any claim.

IMHO, your experience is extremely atypical. I've been with USAA for almost 40 yeas and have filed numerous claims - including when my first wife was killed in an accident. USAA could not have been better. I can't imagine what happened to you to cause you to wage such a smear campaign.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Elk_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
td
rlb8s wrote:

I have had USAA for more than 25 yrs. and have had only tow claims over this period. They are absolutely pathetic. They advertise they are there for service and ex service personnel like myself but that's all BS and hype. They like most are simply trying to make as many $$ as they possibly can without having to pay out any or very little. That bunch that sits down in Texas HQ and talk to you on the phone are nothing but sales people looking for a commission on the sale. It has taken me 25+ years to realize how crummy they really are. They take the insurance premiums and buy up other businesses to grow the company. They worked with an adjustment firm that are in their pocket and nothing more than yes men and women in USAA favor and therefore always trying to save USAA money on any claim.

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer
I use AAA for my motorhome, bundled with my car and home.

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have our fifth wheel, both vehicles, renter's and umbrella policy with USAA. The coverage, service and prices are excellent. USAA, however, will only insure towable RVs. If your Roadtrek is classified as a motorhome, USAA will shunt you to Progressive... still not a bad deal if you're a USAA member. You'll usually get the best prices if you insure your RV with whichever company you have all your other insurance with.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Don't feel the internet survey. I did and was getting 20 junk emails daily for months.
For me Geico beats all other quotes hands down, but than in California AAA was the best.
Geico is giving you instant quotes on their site and no junk.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Have all of your information ready when you call. And by all I mean Homeowners, auto, RV and any other insurances you pay. You will get much better prices by moving everything to one carrier.
If you haven't done this in the last 5 years you may find enough savings to add the RV and still be paying less than you are now.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

Cobra21
Explorer
Explorer
Progressive is good, also add their tow package.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Ask an independent insurance agent. Do you have one already for you stick and brick? Auto? Health insurance?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad