cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

No 12V power to prewired back up camera

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
I went to install a backup camera to my Forest River flagstaff TT that is only 10 months old. I found thet there wasn't any 12V power to the preinstalled/wired furion bracket. I checked every where and couldn't get power. I didn't check the fuse's I will tomorrow. Is there a switch or or could it be something else. I think it should be hot as soon as the battery is turned on.
2006 WINNEBAGO ASPECT 29H Ford E450 Super Duty
2018 F150 Lariat Crew Cab, Coyote 5.0 L RWD
11 REPLIES 11

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
Bobbo wrote:
opnspaces wrote:
Definitely try putting it in reverse to check power. I just installed a backup camera last week and the instructions specifically said to pull power off the reverse lights..

He has a TT, there is no reverse on it. (He found out the marker lights was the magic bullet.)
Actually, on a standard Bergman 7 way connector, the center pin is for the reverse lights; although yours may not be โ€œpoweredโ€, others are.
Clicky

urrii
Explorer
Explorer
I have a similar issue. Brand new travel trailer, prewired for Furion Vision camera system. Did have my running lights on. Got no power to the camera. I will try putting it in reverse the next time I go over to where it is stored.

If it is wired only for reverse, is there a way to get it power for while I am driving? I am new to RVing and pulling a 30' trailer and changing lanes with that blind spot makes me nervous.

EDIT: I did check it using the power plug in my truck and the camera immediately powered on and paired with the camera.
The camera model I have is an "observation" camera, not just a backup camera.
I did find an adapter plug that is supposed to get the power to the camera. I am ordering it and will post if it solves my issue.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
opnspaces wrote:
Definitely try putting it in reverse to check power. I just installed a backup camera last week and the instructions specifically said to pull power off the reverse lights..

He has a TT, there is no reverse on it. (He found out the marker lights was the magic bullet.)
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
I did try the Marker lights today and found they powered the prewired fusion backup camera. it was an easy install. Thanks for all the info guys! I owned a DP for 14 years and always learned how to maintain my Rv thru forums like this.

tdiller
Explorer
Explorer
Snomas wrote:
I went to install a backup camera to my Forest River flagstaff TT that is only 10 months old. I found thet there wasn't any 12V power to the preinstalled/wired furion bracket. I checked every where and couldn't get power. I didn't check the fuse's I will tomorrow. Is there a switch or or could it be something else. I think it should be hot as soon as the battery is turned on.

The camera runs off the marker lights. In many newer vehicles with automatic lights you will have to manually turn on the running lights which will power the camera.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
Acampingwewillgo wrote:
If it's like my friends trailer, that camera only works when you are hooked up to truck and your parking lights are on( your lights on). It only gets power then.

Thx. Iโ€™ll try that,

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mine too.. Marker lights on powers the camera.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
On my trailer the marker lights have to be on. On the 7 way plug, jumper the 12v+ pin and the tail lights pin together. That should power the camera for testing purposes.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Acampingwewillg
Explorer
Explorer
If it's like my friends trailer, that camera only works when you are hooked up to truck and your parking lights are on( your lights on). It only gets power then.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
It might be a backup only setup where there's only power from the 7 way during reversing. I know there are two models from Furion, a during monitor and a backup camera, not sure if the wiring is actually different between the two.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH