cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Social distancing

CodyClassB
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are keeping not 6 feet, but 60 miles away from humans. Message me when this pandemic is over.

5 REPLIES 5

Islandman
Explorer
Explorer
Above guidelines are excellent, good to see that the AZ parks are following the guidelines of the health people; some may be inconvenient but they are for the good of everyone.

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
Arizona State Parks and Trails remains committed to providing safe outdoor recreation spaces for visitors to the parks. Over the past several days, we've made changes to our operations to address COVID-19 and the health and wellness of our staff, volunteers and visitors.

Arizona State Parks and trails follows the guidance of the Arizona Department of Health Services and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). At this time, all events and group gatherings in the parks have been cancelled through May 8. Our historic parks are closed to the public, as are gift shops and visitor centers. Our trails and campgrounds are open.
It is everyone's responsibility to ensure the parks, trails, and campgrounds are being used safely to allow people to enjoy the mental and physical benefits these spaces provide.
Please follow the personal guidelines set by the Arizona Department of Health Services and the CDC:
โ€ข Stay home if you are sick.
โ€ข Wash your hands frequently. When soap and a sink are not available, please use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
โ€ข Prepare for limited access to buildings and group areas.
โ€ข Avoid gatherings of 10 people or more.
For RV travelers:
โ€ข Clean surfaces inside your RV daily, including steering wheel, doorknobs, light switches, handles, and dash controls.
โ€ข Wash, don't shake, dirty laundry.
โ€ข Wash your hands often with soap and water.
โ€ข Bring your own cleaning supplies.
For hikers:
โ€ข Stay home if you are sick.
โ€ข Wash your hands before you go and carry hand sanitizer.
โ€ข Maintain a six-foot distance from other people while on the trail. If the trail is too crowded, try a different location.
โ€ข Bring your own water and don't share water bottles.
โ€ข Pack out your own trash to protect park employees and other hikers.
โ€ข Don't take unnecessary risks. Emergency responders may be limited.

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
Down here in South Florida they've taken social distancing up a notch. Some of our local leaders were upset with the huge numbers of people gathered at some local sandbars (can't fault the local leaders for that). The solution for that, was for three counties (last I heard) to close all public boat ramps and ALL marinas in those counties.
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
Amen. Ready to get our C on the road....we've had 2 camping weekends automatically cancelled by the state of IL...with refund...but I'd rather have gone camping. Oh well.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Sometimes I don't think 60 miles is far enough away from people. But, that has nothing to do with the virus. ๐Ÿ™‚