Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: 2019–20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> 2019–20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 62  
Prev  |  Next
monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/20 08:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

At first, it only means someone got sick from something, doesn't mean the test vaccine caused it. That answer comes later.

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/20 09:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BCSnob wrote:

The sfgate linked article did not say the patent was hospitalized, it was another researcher’s opinion that person might have been hospitalized. We should stick with what is known not what might be happening. What we know is very little which makes this situation ripe for filling the void with speculation.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-54082192

The Oxford vaccine has seen more test platforms and mileage than other mediums.

MEXICOWANDERER

View Profile

Posted: 09/10/20 11:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

The Mexican Press has been reporting Mexico's AstraZenaca has reported Phase III trials have resumed full operation as of last night. No info in any other format. The company site confirms this

MEXICOWANDERER

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/20 08:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CORRECTION or UPDATE

Now AstraZeneca has disappeared the trials re-start notification on its official website. They jumped the gun it can only be surmised...

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 09/13/20 09:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good news! AstraZeneca phase 3 trials resume.

">ComToday&SUBID=56a1f18a1b&AUDID=241700........omToday&SUBID=56a1f18a1b&AUDID=24170041 

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

MEXICOWANDERER

View Profile

Posted: 09/13/20 07:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Russia wants me to believe only one inoculation is needed with their untried SPUTNIK vaccine when everyone else is demanding multiple staged injections. They are shipping millions of doses to Mexico as a "gesture of goodwill"

Do I look stupid? If I have to pay for the Oxford vaccine, I will do so.

When public comments start rolling in I will keep in mind the lady in Tennessee whom after power was switched to nuclear...

called and complained that her light bulbs had changed color to green, and pink, and.........

charlestonsouthern

Summerville, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/15/20 12:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BCSnob -- You are good (really, no kidding) at sourcing information; so (if you are not too busy) I would ask you if you didn't mind trying to source the following quoted conclusion written by an RV.net member. The inference was as a scientific conclusion. If it becomes too time consuming, don't worry about it; I'll have my physician, Dr. David Leventhal, check it out (he likes doing these things) when I go for my regular check up on Friday. Here it is as follows:

"Within fractions of a percent, you are just as likely to become infected in Michigan or Vermont as you are in Florida or Arizona or California. There is scant evidence that locking yourself in your home with minimal contact with the outside world is significantly safer than engaging in activities while taking reasonable precautions. I am not aware of any studies that have shown Essential Retail employees (grocery store, hardware store, Walmart, etc.) or truckers, or delivery drivers or many other people who have daily, yet limited in duration, contact with the public suffer infection rates higher than the general population. . . . ."

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/15/20 04:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm not sure there is any "scientific evidence" that the above statement is false, but it just doesn't make any sense if you think about it from an infectious disease standpoint.

You are more likely to be infected where the virus is more prevalent. The places where the virus is rapidly spreading increases your chance of coming in contact with it.

If you are "locking yourself in your home" you have little to no chance of contacting the virus.

The absence of a study that proves a point should not interfere with reasoned analysis of the situation.

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (12 year old Terrier of some sort), Sasha 3 yr old Golden
Kaiya at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 09/15/20 04:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Close case contact, dining out tied to COVID-19 spread
CIDRAP News

Quote:

Among patients with COVID-19, 42% had close contact with confirmed cases in the 2 weeks prior to testing, compared with 4% among a control group of adults with negative tests. The researchers found adults with positive SARS-CoV-2 test results were almost twice as likely to have reported dining at a restaurant than those with negative SARS-CoV-2 test results.

"Participants with and without COVID-19 reported generally similar community exposures, with the exception of going to locations with on-site eating and drinking options," the authors said. Dining at a restaurant included indoor, patio, and outdoor seating.

Being close to someone with the virus (going to locations with higher number of cases) and dining/drinking out (spending time in close proximity to others not wearing masks) are correlated with getting the virus. Another way to look at the dining/drinking out results is; people who are less risk adverse (less concerned about getting sick) are behaving in ways that make them more likely to get sick.

* This post was edited 09/15/20 05:10am by BCSnob *

Bowling Green, KY

View Profile

Posted: 09/15/20 07:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

I would ask you if you didn't mind trying to source the following quoted conclusion written by an RV.net member.

Thanks for the follow-up BCSnob. The above are the kinds of hear-say that needs to be avoided as it leads to dangerous rumors and behaviors.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 62  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> 2019–20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.