cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

09 Cedar Creek rubber roof cleaning? Do I need to?

ivbinconned
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don’t really care how dirty it might be up there. I never look at it but to check all the caulking.
The only reason I perhaps might clean it is because when it rains the dust etc up there contributes to the staining where the water might run down the side.

If I do can I just use a bucket of water and laundry or dish soap? Brush...And rinse it off.
After drying does it need to be treated with anything.

I was probably spoiled. Previous rv’s had aluminum roofs.
Ram and 34 ft Cedar Creek
7 REPLIES 7

ivbinconned
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for the affirmation regarding my reluctance to "wash the roof".
Besides it does get a blast of soft water rain once in a while.

I have all the trailer that you can see looking great after polishing with "Mothers finishing polish" that removed all the oxidiation.
then finished it up with "Rejex".
http://rejex.com/rejex-16-fl-oz-combo-shipping-included/

Your trailer cleans very easy after useing this product.
Ram and 34 ft Cedar Creek

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
Hah, perhaps I'm overboard here.

Wash the roof of RV quarterly " that's 4 times a year folks " and after that dries, rub a coat of 303 on roof, slides included.

In fact, do the same to the entire exterior of trailer.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dave H M wrote:
My theory is that all the tree sap, bird droppings, dirt, etc will help protect the roof. :h

Yep. The UV rays have to penetrate all the **** on the roof first....

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
My theory is that all the tree sap, bird droppings, dirt, etc will help protect the roof. :h

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
When I had my Cardinal once a year I would go up with a soft brush and a bucket of diluted "simple green" work great. Make sure after you do the roof you at least rinse off the sides.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago recommends “periodic” granular soap washing.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
There's no reason beyond ashetics to wash it. It may also keep streaks from running down the sides. I wash mine once a year just for that reason alone.
It will not last any longer and the more you scrub the white protective coating off, the shorter its life.