cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Field Walk

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
During these stressful times I thought I might offer you an opportunity to join me on a short field walk.

Field walk

If you enjoy these I will add others periodically.
Mark & Renee
Working Border Collies: Nell (retired), Tally (retired), Grant (semi retired), Lee, Fern & Hattie
Duke & Penny (Anatolians) home guarding the flock
2001 Chevy Express 2500 Cargo (rolling kennel)
2007 Nash 22M
17 REPLIES 17

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Very cool video. Even the dogs are relaxed!
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

RBak
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice and relaxing. Thank you for posting - it helps during this difficult time.

Rita

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
BCSnob wrote:
Predators hear our 2 dogs before they get close to the sheep; their first line of defense is barking to discourage predators. These dogs stand between the sheep and perceived threats. Wendy had experience killing coyotes before we got her. When threatened the sheep flock up making it easier for the dogs to provide protection.

I do remember your comments about Wendy's past. ๐Ÿ™‚ I have friends who just got a livestock doggie. He is a cross between Wendy/Sam. Big, big pup. He's their second dog, and so far seem to be a good team.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

wandering_bark
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you! I sooooo needed that wonderful video.

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
Predators hear our 2 dogs before they get close to the sheep; their first line of defense is barking to discourage predators. These dogs stand between the sheep and perceived threats. Wendy had experience killing coyotes before we got her. When threatened the sheep flock up making it easier for the dogs to provide protection.
Mark & Renee
Working Border Collies: Nell (retired), Tally (retired), Grant (semi retired), Lee, Fern & Hattie
2007 Nash 22M

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Loved the video. It just is amazing that 2 dogs can protect those sheep from predators. I guess when they see the dogs, they don't want to mess with them.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
ourtravels wrote:
Thank you for sharing.
I had the sound turned up so that I could hear the sheep, and my BC, Nash came running in to see what was going on. We don't have our own sheep, and as we are self isolating, he is missing his training.
In one of our previous litters there was a Nash, he recently pass away at 14 years. I still have a litter sister. Check out a video I posted in the thread dogs with jobs to see my Lee working sheep.
Mark & Renee
2007 Nash 22M

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, we are off I70 between Frederick and Hagerstown
Mark & Renee
2007 Nash 22M

pennysmom09
Explorer
Explorer
I really enjoyed this video, love to see more! Is this MD?
Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW

ourtravels
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for sharing.
I had the sound turned up so that I could hear the sheep, and my BC, Nash came running in to see what was going on. We don't have our own sheep, and as we are self isolating, he is missing his training.
Margaret & Tony
Our border collie, Nash. RIP Kane, Paige
'No Bad Days'
2016 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel
2022 Alliance Paradigm 310RLS

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome! Felt like I was there.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Nice. Please post more.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
Love it! Thank you! We like to see and visit farms on our RV trips.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Clearly, life is good at your farm! I laughed at the guard dog who at least opened his/her eyes for you ๐Ÿ™‚
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!