cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Removed cord storage

wyo85
Explorer
Explorer
I got tried trying to fit my big feet past my cord storage to set in my chairs in the back of my camper so I cut it down to about 6 inches. Pulled the cord all the way out and cut it off and added a 30 amp twist male plug on the back of the camper. Still have room to set may coffee on, works great now.[img][/img]

7 REPLIES 7

wyo85
Explorer
Explorer
This is the one I used , ordered from Amazon because non were found in Cheyenne. The box with the male fitting was a little small for the hole in the back of the camper so I had to make a back plate with a smaller hole in it first and then mount the male plug.

Leisure Cords 30 AMP RV Trailer Marine Power Cord Power Inlet - Female Twist locking Connector - Weatherproof Boot Kit

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
I did a marine style shore power cord inlet upgrade too.

Best mod ever.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
This also eliminates the rodent access point where the cable goes thru the trailer wall. Nice work.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

wyo85
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't want to open the underbelly to extend the main wire and drill a new hole in the floor and try to find a peace of carpet to match.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Nice work. It amazes me how they waste space in RV's some times.
Maybe you can move the electrical box and swipe a piece of carpet from under something where it can't be seen.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a reason you couldn't move the junction box back under the cabinet?

wyo85
Explorer
Explorer