cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mexico /US border

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
At midnight the US border will only allow essential crossing. Such as : you work in the USA, have a medical appointment in the USA, are an essential worker such as truck driver, LEO, emergency worker, etc.. I saw nothing about Canadians wanting to get back to Canada. I tried to get more information but the border officials have not received any info as of noon today. The Canadian Gov. has asked all Canadians to return home. I can understand their concern. There must be 2 to 300 RV travelers in Mexico right now. WE are going to try to cross tomorrow and I will post if I get any more info. I think the need for urgency is that the next step is to lock down the borders for anything other goods. They will try to keep the trade going both ways.

Moisheh
5 REPLIES 5

Talleyho69
Neither the US or Canada are preventing legal residents from returning to their home countries. If you are Canadian, you may cross the US. If you are Mexican, you may cross the US to return to your home country. Think about it.

It is amazing what panic does to people.

To those of you who are concerned, DRIVE VERY CAREFULLY!!!

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Leaving Mexico as Wm. did seems prudent. Waiting until tomorrow doesnโ€™t.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
We bugged out over a week ago. Reached N. Laredo Saturday around 11am, waited in line about an hour for customs. Steaming north our vehicle broke down in Tennessee - delayed us 4 days. Back on the road Thursday around 1PM, drove with just a few hours of fitful sleep at truck stops and off ramps. Traffic fairly moderate, lots of truck traffic. Saw a lot of Canadians from Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia towing trailers back before the Canadian border closes. Plenty of gasoline and diesel. Most sit down restaurants were either closed or take out only.
It's doable and not at all like hurricane evacuations. A lot of people are off the road already.

freetime58
Explorer
Explorer
The new rules come into effect mid-night tonight.......so as of 1201 Saturday morning, the border is closed.........better drive fast!

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I hope your crossing is uneventful. I suggest letting the Mexican, Canadian and U.S. governments work this out, and that what happens to you tomorrow is not indicative of what will happen to others tomorrow or at any other time.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad