cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ventura RV Park in Ventura CA

Coleyrving
Explorer
Explorer
To all you RVing people. If you are in California our visiting California do not stay at the Ventura RV Park. I had a reservation before this whole pandemic and called them to cancel my reservation due to the state of our nation and the order of lock down in California and they will not refund my money and are going to charge me a 25 dollar cancellation fee. They stated that we are sticking to a cancellation policy. I explained to them that this is due to a national disaster are country is facing and everyone is being flexible and working together to overcome this pandemic and they really didnโ€™t care. This is a private corporately owned campground and they wonโ€™t budge at all. So now I am out 325 dollars for a three night stay. Please donโ€™t stay there shame on them. Here is my email to them. Please pass this information around and donโ€™t give these jerks any of your money.

I need to cancel my reservation due to a national disaster of the pandemic. I really feel you guys are being very unfair with your cancellation policy in a time of a national pandemic when the whole state is shutdown. You should make an exception due to our current state. I am a firefighter putting my self at risk to help people and proud of it and it really bums me out you and your corporation are not being flexible on refunds. I understand you will give us credit however I was staying here with a group of friends and now we probably wonโ€™t be able to get the time to be all together again. I am going to shame you guys on social media and you will never get my business again.
10 REPLIES 10

dedmiston
That place used to be pretty nice, but then they changed management and went downhill.

I'll sound like an old fart for this, but they've had live bands there for years, which draws a different type of guests. This lead to security issues, so they brought on more security and make you wear wristbands for your entire visit.

One day I went into their office and the woman working the desk had an attitude. I reminded her that I was the guy who "saved" her and her coworker the night before when they had a bat in their store. (I trapped the bat inside a plastic nacho box and let it go outside.)

They're also the most expensive park around. There really isn't any reason to stay there anymore except for the location.

The park was destroyed pretty badly a few years ago when it flooded and covered with mud and debris. I think that hurt them pretty bad and they tightened their refund policy even more.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
The attorney general might be very interested in your story.
Might be worth a phone call!

Coleyrving
Explorer
Explorer
Jdc1 yes I work for the local government. It is just the point of it. I might be a little bias because I am in the middle of of this pandemic helping people in need and wanted to take a quick break and get the kids out but it wouldnโ€™t feel right not following orders to keep people safe when that is my job. Oh well back to work.

Coleyrving
Explorer
Explorer
We did cancel and they are not closed. The only reason I canceled is due to a state lockdown. Thought they would be flexible due to the current issues in our nation. But no. It is only 325 dollars not really a big deal and they will hold it as a credit but I just feel they should bend a little in these times.

Coleyrving
Explorer
Explorer
Yes they have a no refund policy however, There is an order to stay in home do to a national pandemic. As a first responder I feel I should obey these orders. You would think they would bend a little in extreme times. I had reservations at Jalama beach in April and contacted them and they where very nice and stated we understand we are in extreme times and no matter when you cancel you will get a full refund. That is compassion and bravo to Santa Barbara county parks for helping people out.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Did they close or did you cancel?

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would ask my CC company to reverse charges if possible, BUT only if your local government, like here in California, has issued a statement of lock-down status. I would then send that written statement to that campground and demand a refund. Beyond that, a contract is binding.

Coleyrving
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the support and I will dispute the charge!!

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Call your credit card company and dispute the charge?
2010 Suncruiser

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Isn't greed a wonderful thing and on the 25 buck fee, I'd just thell them they will be serving icewater in h e l l before they get it.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB