cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

60+ asked to limit movement (Mexico)

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
The Mexican government is asking persons 60 years and over to limit the time out among crowds, it is voluntary for the time being and they are suggesting that if need be a younger family member help them with purchases, my neisse has offered to get the shopping done for my sister in law and I, now I have to volunteer looking after my neisse's diaper terrorist and for those of you who do not have family available you might get a neighbor, the lady that helps with the cleaning or pay someone if the situation worsens.

Let us do our part to help this situation, drink lots of tequila with beer, you will forget who you are, where you are and best of all what you have!----- just kidding lets cooperate.

navegator
18 REPLIES 18

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Yea typing on the tablet is nearly impossible, I got the computer working with out it shutting down because of a small little fan, there is a store called Stern and they sell fans that are powered by the computer via a USB port, now I can keep it going all day, I am a big guy with big hands and these new phones are yoke to type on, well time to go.

just staying home and the internet is going slow, every body is on it, including me!

take care y buenas noches

navegator

Mod's edit: Per the site Admin's request, I am closing all COVID-19 threads and directing future comments to one thread in Around the Campfire.

2019โ€“20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Yep misspelled words and phrases typing on a postage sta.p

So I will refrain. Good ye for now

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Senor: MEXICOWANDERER saludos I will be bold and correct the Conatcto

It needs to say

VOY A CONTACTAR A LA SECRETARIA DE TURISMO Y SALUD

And it is easy to say in Spanish even with a very thick accent in gringo-lingo

That will be better understood by the cops, being from the Tercera edad I have to stay home, how are you doing? I have fun with some of the answers that I give, play of words and so forth and lots of Tequila zipped,

Traffic in Mexico City is light, the terrorist that go to school are all home so no idiot mothers on the phone trying to run you down even when you are on the side walk, the familia and I have decided that we will drink a cup of red wine with lunch on Sundays until this is over.

Espero que estes bien te voy a mandar un mensaje.

saludos de navegator

dedmiston
Just a heads up folks, I don't live in MX and I'm pretty agnostic about their government workings (meaning I don't have a favorite or least favorite leader), but the rules about politics still apply here, even when it comes to foreign politics.

Thanks,
Dave

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Tip for non spanish speakers in the rare event a corrupt cop tries extortion over non essential travel. Write the following cognates down.

CONTACO SECRETARIs yTURISIMO Y SECTOR SALUD.

Garlic for a vampire.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Rare 100% agreement with QTLA9111 ๐Ÿ™‚

Furthermore when nonchalant AMLO gets nailed it's going to weaken his presidency

Geez the is no more purifying iodine, Cloroquine sulfate, plaquenil, masks, and toilet paper. Anyone who thinks the Mexican consumer is different than the American consumer is in for a surprise.

dedmiston
Good luck to all of our brothers and sisters in Mexico. I hope you all stay well.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Talleyho69
Moved from RVing in Mexico and South America to RVing with Disabilities and General Health Issues.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Low reporting of cases only because they are now doing something about it. Relative in hospital now for eight weeks and for the first time they are telling us, "starting Monday, there will be no visitations and all permissible entries will require hand washing, masks and temperature readings.

What? Three weeks behind the rest of the world?

The bomb is coming in the next 10 days.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
As of this morning 3/20/2020 there are only 164 confirmed cases and 448 suspect, I guess the Tequila and Coronitas are working, and all of those that tested positive were in Italy or Spain and came home so we shall see what happens in the next weeks, I pray that all stay safe and healthy.

navegator

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Today there will be the announcement that the Mexican/US border will be closed to all non necessary travel. We are starting to close the house and packing the Motorhome. Had planned on leaving Monday morning. Could be stuck here until "who knows when".

Moisheh

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
It's a mess. We are about three weeks behind all other countries and our illustrious Mexican president had the "ganas" to pull amulets for good luck, out of his wallet the other day on his daily 2-hour morning diatribe.

Watching the Secretario de Salud yesterday, it is obvious he is not confident in his words and looked extremely nervous and pressured to speak.

2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I'm 59 and my ability to move is already limited.

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
No! I am pretty young I'm only 37 and of course being dyslexic I have to stay home the family does not let go out and play on the streets, I have fun with the cats and the laser thermometer, I have plenty of wood for the construction that I am doing, still need to fabricate the main bathroom furniture and tons of projects, so I will stay home.

All of you out there be careful and do not worry to much about the hand sanitizer's, alcohol and some cream will work, of course the alcohol is internal, un Tequilita por favor con una Coronita and soap and water is the best!
Do take care and we will be in touch.

Salud y bien estar para todos

navegator