cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

what surface to store tt on?

poppa
Explorer
Explorer
I have mine on crushed concrete. would it help the tires life to be on something more solid?
11 REPLIES 11

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
There's millions of people with gravel driveways that find some of these "methods" or worries quite amusing...myself included.
I just don't let my trailers read these threads so they can't see the abuse and neglect I'm imposing on them by being parked directly on gravel! Lol
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

K-9_HANDLER
Explorer
Explorer
Crushed stone base and the tires sit on strips of old rubber conveyor belt.
Camping near home at Assateague National Seashore with our wild four legged friends

siamese
Explorer
Explorer
Texas. The UV will degrade them. The gravel, not so much. But you probably have them covered.

poppa
Explorer
Explorer
thanks ya'll

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Gravel the entire life of the RV. Driveway gravel grade 8 limestone. Do not, repeat, do not, use the pretty round colorful pebbles. They just slide around and the tires do not get any traction.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's fine. I have 2 small concrete pads for the tires, but that's just to keep it level so I can turn the fridge on before trips.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
I pull up on on two 6 ft. 2x12s. Our yard is mostly grass on sand, the boards keep the tires from settling into the sand. More importantly, my yard is very shady so sun damage is not an issue.

We keep the tire pressure up and do a fair number of outings so flat spots have not been an issue.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I stored a couple of different TT's on gravel for decades and it worked fine. no harn to tires or whatever. I poured a slab for the latest trailer but more for luxury than anything else.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
If you want you can dig out where the tires sit and put patio blocks to park on. I did that at the storage lot where I use to store our TT.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
Your fine, that's ideal.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Ozone, time and UV rays are the enemy.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad