cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Spring Shakedown Trip cancelled

frisbeekev
Explorer
Explorer
I am sure I am not the only one in this boat, but it looks like my April shakedown trip will be cancelled. Usually within the next couple weeks I am getting the RV de-winterized and ready to go out. I have more time and may still do that, but I am hoping to be able to go out this summer as planned. And I will use my RV for quarentine if needed also. Stay safe out there everyone.
28 REPLIES 28

HappyCampers3
Explorer
Explorer
Spent three and a half months of my life in Anniston. Cold winter could only have the thermostat at 58 in the Barracks. Never have made it back.
Three Happy Campers
2 Camping Cats
2004 Chevy 2500HD CC LB
2005 Holiday Rambler 30SKS

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
Get out as soon as you can to enjoy some fresh air. Thank goodness, our state campgrounds never shut down.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

HappyCampers3
Explorer
Explorer
Glad for you.Here in Pa I don't believe any private campgrounds are open for transient campers. Maybe if you have a permanent site you can still go.Some really nice places in Lancaster county but that county seems to have been hit hard in terms of the south central mid-state area. Hoping for the day when things get back to normal, but who knows when that will be.
Three Happy Campers
2 Camping Cats
2004 Chevy 2500HD CC LB

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to the AZ gov we're going camping again in one of our beautiful state parks next week. Two spaces opened up so friends and us are taking our toys out to play. This will be our third camping trip since this virus thing popped up. We don't like to stay home, lol.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
HappyCampers3 wrote:
We have a trip planned to a Pa State Park for Memorial Day Weekend. The way things are now in Pa I'm beginning to wonder if State Parks with Campgrounds will be open for camping. You can use trails and go fishing if applicable but I don't think restrooms are open. You can't buy a car or get a haircut. Much less see lawyer or get insurance. Crazy world we are in now.

You can see a lawyer if your case would fall under the courts list of essential activities. Anything having to do with a constitutional challenge would qualify, as would things like requests for temporary protection orders or emergency change of custody hearings, etc. If you think you have a case that might qualify call up an attorney, most are still working in some capacity, because a lot of law work never goes near a court.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

HappyCampers3
Explorer
Explorer
We have a trip planned to a Pa State Park for Memorial Day Weekend. The way things are now in Pa I'm beginning to wonder if State Parks with Campgrounds will be open for camping. You can use trails and go fishing if applicable but I don't think restrooms are open. You can't buy a car or get a haircut. Much less see lawyer or get insurance. Crazy world we are in now.
Three Happy Campers
2 Camping Cats
2004 Chevy 2500HD CC LB

hondapro
Explorer
Explorer
I had my last weekend trip in April trip canceled,it was supposed to be our first trip of the season. I hope our mid May trip does not get canceled. I am ready to get going it has been a long winter
Steve
2023 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
2022 Keystone Sprinter 32BH
B&W Companion

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
Ditto. usually comes home somtime mid april and the spring shakedown happens over a weekend in may. at this point im not holding my breath for my first real trip. start of june my entire extended family gets out..... this year.... maybe not.
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

BossCamper
Explorer
Explorer
frisbeekev wrote:
I am sure I am not the only one in this boat, but it looks like my April shakedown trip will be cancelled. Usually within the next couple weeks I am getting the RV de-winterized and ready to go out. I have more time and may still do that, but I am hoping to be able to go out this summer as planned. And I will use my RV for quarentine if needed also. Stay safe out there everyone.

Nope, you aren't the only one.
Got 1 April week cancelled and refunded....
Still have a reservation for mid May. Hope things have settled down by then
Experience is that which you gain immediately after you actually needed it.

2011 29' Kingsport 28RLS by Gulfstream
2013 Ford F150 Ecoboost 4X4 Supercrew

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
2oldman wrote:
sgfrye wrote:
north carolina state park campgrounds are closed till further notice. trails and restrooms are open
I just got kicked out of a CA park. Only a few campers here, well away from each other, yet they're not allowing camping but keeping the restrooms open for day use. A lot of us snowbirds rely on these parks on our way home.

This doesn't make any sense to me.

Yes, seems bassackwards - even parks where the spots are close together provide the suggested social separation. But worse yet, is leaving the restrooms open. One of the ways the virus is transmitted is thru fecal material and without aggressive daily (or hourly) cleaning of the restrooms they're just big stinky petri dishes for this virus.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
frisbeekev wrote:
afidel wrote:
I'm taking my rig out of storage a month early to use as a home office/study area. It's going to cost me ~$60 to heat for the month, but that's cheap for the sanity it will preserve.

Could you write off the $60 on your taxes as a "Business Expense: since it is for work? Just kidding. Sounds like a good plan and way to use the rig at these times

Of course you can. 100%, seriously, if that's wha thoug using it for.

Still dont understand why it's cancelled. You mean your afraid to leave your driveway, or your destination is closed and you can't/won't adjust your plans?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
afidel wrote:
Michigan is leaving campgrounds open but closing restrooms, reservations, cabins and other similar structures. Basically if you're self contained you're good.
Now that makes sense. California could take a lesson.

Do people really camp in MI in March?

Not many, since most campgrounds are either closed, or open with only limited amenities, bathhouses and dump stations closed, most sites unplowed, etc. I fully expect that once the actual camping season arrives, the parks will be closed.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
WA campgrounds are packed, apparently I'm not the only one who had the idear to go camping this weekend.
Figures, finally a few free weekends and state parks are full.
Never camped on the coast here, kids are obviously free, lol and I'm still working 60hrs a week. Thought packing up the familia, heading to the peninsula for some rain forest and waves was a good idea.
Oh well.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
2oldman wrote:
afidel wrote:
Michigan is leaving campgrounds open but closing restrooms, reservations, cabins and other similar structures. Basically if you're self contained you're good.
Now that makes sense. California could take a lesson.

Do people really camp in MI in March?

Sure, it's going to be 70 tomorrow, though quickly diving into the 30s with an overnight low in the mid 20s Saturday into Sunday, gotta love early spring.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH