cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Moab UT Closed

caver
Nomad
Nomad
Moab Utah closed if you had plans. Then there was a 5.7 earthquake up by Salt Lake.
3 REPLIES 3

caver
Nomad
Nomad
I was just looking through an article from the Deseret News which said they are coordinating with the Bureau of Land Management and U.S. Forest Service on coming restrictions on federal lands.

I first heard about via post from freecampsites.net

MODERATOR'S EDIT: Per the site Admin's request, I am closing all COVID-19 threads and directing future comments to one thread in Around the Campfire: 2019โ€“20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œSeems like there is more possiblity of transmission betweeen people in those groups vs. people camping in their RV's.โ€ x2
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

4runnerguy
Explorer
Explorer
An article in the Aspen newspaper this morning noted that federal facilities are not subject to closure orders from state or local governments. As of this morning, BLM campsites had not closed. Of course that can change at any time. At Arches, those in the campground are being allowed to complete their current reservation period but no new campers are allowed in the CG.

Canyonlands is in San Juan County and thus outside of the jurisdiction of the Southeast Utah Health Department.

Both parks have closed their visitors centers.

We went out for groceries today here in Glenwood Springs (have to restock on fresh foods every once in a while). Saw several groups of teens hanging out together in different places. Seems like there is more possiblity of transmission betweeen people in those groups vs. people camping in their RV's. Just sayin'.
Ken & Allison
2 Camping Cats (1 diabetic)
1996 4Runner, TRD Supercharger, Edelbrock headers
2007 Fleetwood Arcadia, Honda EU2000i
4 mountain bikes, 1 canoe, 4 tents, 8 sleeping bags, 2 backpacks
(You get the idea!)