cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something about having 4 wheel drive

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to get home to BC has proven to be a challenge, weather wise. The drive up 395 in California was good...then it went bad...the forcast on the weekend for Reno was snow then improving. We had some dinner and got all jumpy feeling, so left town Friday night. Went about 20 miles up the road..wake up to snow snow snow..and ice...and had that for 100k's..then Susanville..where the forecast had been easing by 11am...then, all of sudden..extension of late winter snow storm. And a road block by CalTrans and CHP, 10 miles west of Susanville. Got snow tires? as they are checking...and are you in 4 wheel drive? yup...4hi....Great...carry on.

And another 100k's of huge snows and no traffic. Fabulous drive.

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/
20 REPLIES 20

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
VA-Apraisr wrote:

Trying to see if this photo uploads.......fish some interesting points/bars down in North Carolina and love the 4x4 to go where few can go 🙂 Thanks for the link, Ron!

John ... are you sure it was OK to leave your propane refrig running in that spot? 😉
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

VA-Apraisr
Explorer II
Explorer II

Trying to see if this photo uploads.......fish some interesting points/bars down in North Carolina and love the 4x4 to go where few can go 🙂 Thanks for the link, Ron!

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Never forget that 4wd gets you stuck in much worse places.

VA-Apraisr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks fellas!! Yes, that would be mine. I'll try that link for photos as soon as I dodge the "virus" today doing home appraisals!

ronfisherman
VA-Apraisr wrote:
Still have it 15 years now......just can't ever figure out how to post a dang photo!

As already posted. "Click Here" for a direct link to posting your pictures.
Much easier to do on a PC with mouse. But works with my iPad also.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
pnichols wrote:
VA-Apraisr wrote:
Still have it 15 years now......just can't ever figure out how to post a dang photo!

John, I'm not absolutely sure ... but this may be your 4X4 Class C:
(I thought I'd seen a photo of your great rig on the beach, but couldn't find it.)

THIS is the photo (I think) of your rig that I like best:

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
VA-Apraisr wrote:

John, I'm not absolutely sure ... but this may be your 4X4 Class C:
(I thought I'd seen a photo of your great rig on the beach, but couldn't find it.)

VA-Apraisr wrote:
Would love to know how to post an image on this site......love seeing the photos.

There is a sticky on such things as posting pictures, step by step tutorials, in Forum Posting Help and Support.

Check it out here.

Lots of good posts in here for that.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

VA-Apraisr
Explorer II
Explorer II

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
VA-Apraisr wrote:
Would love to know how to post an image on this site......love seeing the photos.

Didn't you used to also have a 4X4 Class C ... or is my memory off?

VA-Apraisr
Explorer II
Explorer II

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good job. Ready for the conditions.
We got 6 inches last night south of Reno. It has been snowing several nights this week. We really need it.
Besides 4wd and a winch, the weight of an RV really helps the traction.
I have driven that road a lot in all seasons. It deserves some respect.

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
Gary, color me envious! Thought that I’d have similar by now.....just not in the cards! Great look’n, useful, practical rig.....if you want “to boldly go where no man has gone before”! 😉 memtb
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
Sometimes you actually don't have to buy that tool from Walmart... Because you actually have it for this trip.
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.