cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Interesting interactive Coronavirus calculator

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
You can move sliders around for what percentage of American's will be infected, then what percentage of people will die to come up with the death toll. It also compares results with the other major causes of death in the US.

For instance... If 30 percent of our population gets infected, using a death rate of only 1 percent there would be a death toll of 975,000.

For those of you who rate the NYT as fake news, this is just a math calculator - no possible spin.

Calculator

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics
4 REPLIES 4

bid_time
Explorer III
Explorer III
Can't find the like button ???

MODERATOR'S EDIT: Per the site Admin's request, I am closing all COVID-19 threads and directing future comments to one thread in Around the Campfire.

2019โ€“20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
It's contagious but doesn't kill as many as the media, or that calculator, want us to believe. As of today Arizona has 27 total cases and no deaths. Geeez, that's a real pandemic.

The real killer was the H1N1 in 2009. over 60 million cases in the US, 275,000 hospitalized, and 12,468 deaths. Took Obama 6 months to declare an emergency yet there was no hoarding of toilet paper, schools didn't close, restaurants didn't close, the nation didn't close, there was no panic. Why? Coronavirus is nothing but hype to scare the populace.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
It's the old, worn out adage, 'Will never be me'. Could be you, could be me. You decide and plan accordingly.

I will say the Chinesae Wuhan Flu is an almost perfect biological weapon.

It's insidious.
It spreads very quietly
People infect other people unknowingly
Older (over 50) persons are at greater risk of dying
No know cure (yet)
If you get it and beat it, nothing says you cannot get it again and again...
The older you get, the higher the mortality rate
Finally, what a great way to bring this great country to it's collective knees.

Cannot beat beat it. Old XI found the perfect biological storm and he even tried it out in hos own people. Nice dictator.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
To quote Scrooge `that will reduce the excess population'.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)