cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floor issue in 2018 Talon

CampingN_C_
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for some opinions on what would cause the floor to "crown" in the area directly in front of the slide out in our Talon.

Here's the backstory. We took it in because the slide was digging into the vinyl when closed. Jayco authorized a new floor as well as new rollers on the slide. When I picked it up I imediately noticed it still wasn't right. Slide was sitting on the floor and would've torn the new floor in one or two uses. I left it with them again and what was found was the floor has "crowned" up along the area under the slide (if the slide was in). With a 4ft level from the slide opening going across it's at least 3/8th off at 4ft. So the slide out geometry is correct but the floor is raised. It's not enough to feel when walking on it and it's not a "bubbled" effect.

Jayco has authorized the dealer some time to diagnose but as of today the dealer nor Jayco has a direct plan other then cutting into the floor, basically exploratory surgery. We've ruled out a bad frame outrigger and some other minor possibilities.
2018 Ram 3500 DRW CCLB Aisin 4.10 4x4

2018 Jayco Talon 413T
B&W Companion
4 REPLIES 4

CampingN_C_
Explorer
Explorer
azrving wrote:
The amazing thing is that YOU have to point it out. This is not good and they are still touching it? This is going to be a botched up mess.

I think it'll end up back at Jayco before it's all said and done. The dealership's already hinted around about it. Jayco's not going to want to pay shop rates just to explore around and try to figure out the issue. It can be done much cheaper up there.
2018 Ram 3500 DRW CCLB Aisin 4.10 4x4

2018 Jayco Talon 413T
B&W Companion

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
The amazing thing is that YOU have to point it out. This is not good and they are still touching it? This is going to be a botched up mess.

lap527
Explorer
Explorer
My neighbor has some issues with his fifth wheel slide tearing up his floor. He ended up calling the factory and talking to a GM. Dealer tried fixing it once and still wasn't right and he kept calling factory to talk to GM, squeaky wheel gets the oil. The GM finally agreed to send someone to Florida from Indiana to pick it up and take it back to factory in Indiana. They just got it back last week and all looks good. He was polite but adamant his RV wasn't right and they finally stepped up to the plate. Good Luck!
2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer when needed.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
With something like that, someone has to dig into so they can actually see whats going on. I take it there's something in the way of getting to it from underneath?