cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Buy Now or Wait on the Crazyness to Subside??

Dagwood_55
Explorer
Explorer
Been looking and was planing on buying a new TC this coming week.

Now I'm thinking on waiting till the Corona Crises has settled down or at least leveled out. Or the dealer may be a little more motivated now......

Thoughts???
17 REPLIES 17

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
As soon as hospitals have sufficient resources and bans are lifted this may likely be a mini recession.

Just bought a 2020 Keystone as it's a buyer's market.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I agree, bumpy. Make a dealer an offer. All he/she can say is "yes" or "no."
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't let Henny Penny the sky is falling to affect my decision. some dealer's might be desperate to unload stock.
bumpy

When I took delivery of my 2020 Ford a week or so ago, there was NO incentive to finance with ford, so I went with our local credit union. financed at 2.94%

NOW is the time to borrow money, it is almost free, or at least as free as it will ever be.

My daughter purchased a house this time last year, she is in the middle of a refinance.. she is going from a 30 year to a 15 year and will be able to keep her same monthly payments...

If borrowing money, now is the time
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
A Recession is imminent if it hasn't started already. Everything is going to be cheap in a couple of months. Cash talks. I would wait.

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
BarneyS wrote:
A lot of the dealers around the southern Michigan area are advertising 0% financing for up to 60 months. Might as well use their money for free to get one instead of depleting my own cash. Sure wish I was in the market for a new truck! :W
Barney
But in lieu of their 0% you can usually get a decent sized discount instead. Check with your credit union, mine is at 2.99%. Run the numbers you might come out better. There is no free lunch, everything costs something.
B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
A lot of the dealers around the southern Michigan area are advertising 0% financing for up to 60 months. Might as well use their money for free to get one instead of depleting my own cash. Sure wish I was in the market for a new truck! :W
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
MitchF150 wrote:
According to the media, we'll all be infected or dead by Fall.....

So buy on credit and don't worry about it? :B Just kidding...
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
Best to buy when the herd is selling and vice versa. I doubt sales of expensive discretionary recreational products are going to fare well in this uncertainty. Itโ€™s going to be a buyerโ€™s market for a while.
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
I would check the interest rate as the fed.just lowered it to about 0 that should make a difference in financing
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Presumably you have an idea what the model you want should cost.
See if you can get it for less. If you can, decide whether or not to buy it.
If you can't, decide whether or not to buy it.
None of us have a crystal ball to know what it will be worth in a month or a year.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

NoVa_RT
Explorer
Explorer
There are far fewer buyers for costly discretionary purchases during economic uncertainty or a downturn. If youโ€™re in a position to go ahead, you may be able to make a better deal.
2013 RT 190-Popular

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
According to the media, we'll all be infected or dead by Fall.....
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.