Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Hand Sanitizer
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Hand Sanitizer

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
hotpepperkid

Kingman AZ

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/20 07:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The markets are as much to blame for the empty shelf's in the stores.
They should have limited the number of the same idem.
No one needs to buy 5 cases of TP that means 4 other people have to go without

2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel

GKAbbott

On the road

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/20 07:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'd be willing to buy those 17,700 bottles of hand sanitizer for $.01 each and donate them to the local shelter. I'll even drive to Tennessee to pick them up.

Or maybe they can bathe in it after the virus is contained.

"Never let a crisis go to waste. "

RedRollingRoadblock

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/20 10:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavirus/2........-must-now-to-donate-them-to-charity.html

NBC reports the Tennessee Attorney General’s Office opened a price gouging investigation after the story went viral this weekend. State law bars people from charging “unreasonable prices for essential goods and services, including gasoline, in direct response to a disaster."

Colvin confirmed Sunday that he would be donating all of the hand sanitizer to charity. WRCB reports the AG’s staff was seen hauling boxes out of Colvin’s storage unit on Sunday.

NJRVer

NJ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/16/20 07:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RedRollingRoadblock wrote:

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavirus/2........-must-now-to-donate-them-to-charity.html

NBC reports the Tennessee Attorney General’s Office opened a price gouging investigation after the story went viral this weekend. State law bars people from charging “unreasonable prices for essential goods and services, including gasoline, in direct response to a disaster."

Colvin confirmed Sunday that he would be donating all of the hand sanitizer to charity. WRCB reports the AG’s staff was seen hauling boxes out of Colvin’s storage unit on Sunday.

But donating them will not get him off the hook.

Bowling Green, KY

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/20 07:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hopefully not!

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/20 05:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The 17,000+ bottles of hand sanitizer have been donated to charity... With the assistance of a judge and the police department. The poor rip off opportunist lost his shirt in the deal.. As well he should.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/20 06:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mr. ed wrote:

I see Walmart is selling 750 ml bottles of Everclear alcohol. I don't know how pysically big that is, but I think I'd prefer a smaller container of regular sanitizer to carry round all day, if one can be found.

IIRC, 750 ml bottle is what is commonly known as a "fifth", or one fifth of a gallon. Most "hard liquor" is available in pints or fifths.

Ah, according to a quick search, a 750 ml bottle is a "metric fifth". A "real" fifth is 757 ml, or exactly 1/5 of a gallon. I neglected to check to see when the change took place.

CM1, USN (RET)
2002 Fleetwood Southwind 32V, Ford V10
Daily Driver: '06 PT Cruiser Turbo
Toad: '05 Wrangler Unlimited
Toy: 1999 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, Auto, 4X4
Other toys: 2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

Dtank

USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/20 02:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hotpepperkid wrote:

The markets are as much to blame for the empty shelf's in the stores.

They should have limited the number of the same idem.

News "idem".....

The markets and Costco is So. CA have been limiting quantities for several days now.

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/20 03:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wa8yxm wrote:

The 17,000+ bottles of hand sanitizer have been donated to charity... With the assistance of a judge and the police department. The poor rip off opportunist lost his shirt in the deal.. As well he should.

AHH,nope. Made between $40/75,000 on sales. They are asking anyone that bought at high price to send invoices in. And I'm sure they are going over the sale/shipping records.

2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/20 04:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mowermech wrote:

mr. ed wrote:

I see Walmart is selling 750 ml bottles of Everclear alcohol. I don't know how pysically big that is, but I think I'd prefer a smaller container of regular sanitizer to carry round all day, if one can be found.

IIRC, 750 ml bottle is what is commonly known as a "fifth", or one fifth of a gallon. Most "hard liquor" is available in pints or fifths.

Ah, according to a quick search, a 750 ml bottle is a "metric fifth". A "real" fifth is 757 ml, or exactly 1/5 of a gallon. I neglected to check to see when the change took place.

Back when I was drinking the store-bought bottle I carried in pocket embossed in the glass was 3/4 pt. If bought one to share 3/4 Qt. Now 'shine you could buy full quarts or gallons. Think the size was a function of the tax system.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Hand Sanitizer
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.