DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
40 REPLIES 40

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
So theyโ€™re closing it to overnight camping which has less people than during the day which they are still having the park open? Yep, someone isnโ€™t the brightest!

Not to mention all the lost revenue from the campgrounds.

Dsn
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
JRscooby wrote:
Some individuals check their lugnuts, and if find a loose one tighten it. But as a society, we may see the nuts are loose, but take no action, then witch because our ride is rough when the wheel falls off.
Of course, we can't say anything about not allowing anybody to look at the lugnuts, so they knew the rough ride was coming...

Or in this case, you can ONLY look at the lug nuts at night because some government official says the nuts can only get lose at night and NEVER get loose in the daytime.

Ya, that makes sense! :R :R :R

You seem to want to limit what I said. Because a disease can spread around the world in a very short time I call a new disease anywhere in the world the loose lugnut. Now the wheel has fell off, the closing and canceling around the country is part of the rough ride.

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
So theyโ€™re closing it to overnight camping which has less people than during the day which they are still having the park open? Yep, someone isnโ€™t the brightest!

Government studies have shown that most of the seniors that stay in this park at night grew up in the 60's and 70's. That means they are taught to share joints and bongs and red Solo cups with beer in them at night.

Don't get me started about the "swapping" that goes on at night in this park! :B :B

Here is the government keeping us safe in this park. They are doing a great job!

It's the new age government thinking to keep us safe! :B :B
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
JRscooby wrote:
Some individuals check their lugnuts, and if find a loose one tighten it. But as a society, we may see the nuts are loose, but take no action, then witch because our ride is rough when the wheel falls off.
Of course, we can't say anything about not allowing anybody to look at the lugnuts, so they knew the rough ride was coming...

Or in this case, you can ONLY look at the lug nuts at night because some government official says the nuts can only get lose at night and NEVER get loose in the daytime.

Ya, that makes sense! :R :R :R
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
Wait what???

It says in the article that:

All 35 parks will remain open for day use.

So does that mean the virus only spreads at night? :R Interesting!

I agree - I was trying to find something that would justify halting overnight camping, but so far, I can't. If the parks are still open, people are still sharing restrooms, etc and the staff still has to clean those facilities; plus sell entry passes, etc
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Politicians aren't known as deep thinkers.
Kevin

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II

hondapro
Explorer
Explorer
PA state parks have canceled all planed activities until the end of April.but at this time camping remains open.
Steve
2023 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
2022 Keystone Sprinter 32BH
B&W Companion

Mike134
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
While camping seems like social distancing, many campers will use the restrooms, showers and common facilities.

I agree with you but they likely still use them during the day also. I don't see the point of allowing day use only.
2019 F150 4X4 1903 payload
2018 Adventurer 21RBS 7700 GVWR.

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
The end of the world wasn't 2000 is 2020.
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe we're looking at this the wrong way?
If 'overnight' camping is not allowed we will all start 'day camping' and no RV will be needed.
We can drive to the CG in a Toyota Prius, sit around the fire, eat, play games and drive home at 40 MPG. Think of the money we will save.
At one time we called it a picnic. It's now 'day camping.' ๐Ÿ™‚

Eric_Lisa
Explorer II
Explorer II
am1958 wrote:
JimK-NY wrote:
Idiot politicians.

No offense but this post gets the prize for the most redundant post on RV.net in a long, long while... ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anyone else hear on the news that the politicians are shutting off the water to Old Faithful in Yellowstone so as to encourage the tourists to stay away.

Makes sense to me. Lots of people go there from all over. Clearly popular with International tourists who are most likely to bring Coronavirus here. Turning it off is really just the most logical thing to do. If there is nothing to see, then no one will need to go there. Definitely a simplistic, yet effective, plan.

Glad we have smart leaders. I wouldn't have thought of that idea.
Eric & Lisa - Oregon
'97 Silverado K2500, New HT383 motor!, Airbags, anti-sway bar
'03 Lance model 1030, generator, solar,

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
JimK-NY wrote:
Well this is the sort of thing incompetent politicians do when they want to pretend they are doing something. They take some useless step that inconveniences the public as a show of activity.

I am not a resident of NM and know nothing of the politics or even the political party in control, BUT it seems obvious there is an incompetent, two faced governor running the State.

Before closing open areas and State Parks it would first make sense to close all areas where people actually congregate. That would mean all sporting events, all restaurants, bars, movie houses, malls, churches, places of business, courts, non-essential public offices, etc, etc.

I'm a resident and yes the current governor leaves lots to desire, won't say any more. She has closed all schools 3 weeks starting Monday and opened the school cafeterias for child lunches. ???? 10 of 2,097,000 2 in hospital and 8 under home quarantine . Def Con 1 same thing we always hear from that party, the worlds going to end unless we take control.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold