cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gutter spout upgrade

JimJohnson
Explorer
Explorer
Fast, easy and cheap. Many RVs now come with gutter spouts - in my experience, water easily comes over the end, wraps around the spout and flows back to the RV wall. I have found a super inexpensive solution.

Most of the spouts are 7/8" wide. A CPVC 3/4" 45 degree elbow will simply push over the end of spout. They cost just over a dollar each. If you want to make it more 'road worthy' put a bit of household GOOP or similar adhesive on the bottom of the spout before you push on the elbow.

The water will flow through the elbow and be directed at an angle away from the RV wall upon exit. It won't flow back along the bottom of the spout.
8 REPLIES 8

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is a great idea! Unfortunately, I keep losing my gutter spouts when tree branches scrape the sides and roof of my trailer. This happens when we boondock -- the national forests are not good about tree maintenance on remote forest roads. We often have to lift branches out of the way:

Click For Full-Size Image.

So I have given up on gutter spouts.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

pacificnw
Explorer
Explorer
Where is Red Green when you need him???

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
JimJohnson wrote:
Geez, and now we have to try to figure out which is which! :h :B

Can it be considered a Redneck Repair if there is no duct tape involved? :S

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
And in drought years you add a piece of pipe from the fitting to a bucket or barrel.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

JimJohnson
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
Now we have a professional version of a gutter upgrade and a Redneck version. :B

Geez, and now we have to try to figure out which is which! :h :B

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Now we have a professional version of a gutter upgrade and a Redneck version. :B

byronlj
Explorer
Explorer
A clothes pin will do the same.
byronlj
2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3800RL

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting proposal.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad