cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water softner setup

M_R_E_
Explorer
Explorer
What is the correct way to use a water softner ? A water filter before, after or both.
toolmaker
5 REPLIES 5

Ro_n_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Agree with filter prior to softner and I like having the pressure regulator plumbed in the wet bay. One less thing to setup upon arrival.
2020 Dutch Star 4328 on FL Chassis
2018 Grand Cherokee Limited
Ready Brute Elite Towbar & Road Master Wiring

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
As others have stated, you want the filter before the water softener. We have a sediment filter and a charcoal filter before the softener.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
The water softener is a 10 micron filter, when back flushed, all cought debris is flushed out. In my house I run a 20 micron before, and a 5 micron charcoal after. In the fifth wheel I don't use a filter before, but I do use a 5 micron after. I wind up regenerating my softener every 7-10 days, and back flush it every other time.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
bobsallyh wrote:
I run the filter before the softener. You really don't want "bits and pieces" going in your softener.

YEP^^^^^^

Pressure regulator at spigot/hose bibb......in-line filter(s)....softener....then RV 'city water' inlet

OR...after softener just fill the RV Fresh water tank, secure the CG supply and run off fresh water tank/pump
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
I run the filter before the softener. You really don't want "bits and pieces" going in your softener.