Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

back up cameras which one is best for class c

Mccanncamper
Explorer
Explorer
HELLO,
We are owners of a new to us used 1994 Damon Ultrasport Class c. 30 ft
We are looking to add a backup camera to help see behind us while traveling. does anyone have info to share about the ones that they have installed?

Also has any one remodeled this camper? Pictures?
9 REPLIES 9

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
What about upgrades to present hard wired from the factory cameras. After using the new color screen clear as a whistle in my new JL

wrangler I find the one in my 09 Cambria slightly boring.

Racine96
Explorer
Explorer
I have used Voyager for 4 years. Pretty well.

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
I bought this monitor and camera a few years ago and it has performed flawlessly.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B004Y3FE6O/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0079R2MH6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Our C has a rear window. After trying the license plate I moved the camera to the inside top of the rear window frame and set it so I can see to back up very close to a trailer or a post. I mounted a switch on the base of the driverโ€™s seat to power up the camera and monitor.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

RV2019
Explorer
Explorer
Get a lens like DRExxx mentioned.

I can only recommend it, for a shorter RV. I have one too. The only difference to a camera is that you want to turn around (the image in the rear view mirror is too small) and the image is darker at night (thus I have bright non-LED backup lights).

Other than that it works out almost like a camera. I can see everything behind my RV, down to the bumper. So I can backup close to a wall if I wanted to. I got a large one, the view is very wide and leaves nothing uncovered.

Saved me from going through a installation hassle on my RV. A low cost investment with a quick and simple installation. You can always go the other way later. I wont, I am more than satisfied.

Disclaimer: I did not buy a cheap one, the one I bought was from a reputable manufacturer/distributor with website support, warranty and free exchange.

Good luck.

travisc
Explorer
Explorer
Voyager is the other common one out there.
Winnebago Access 24V

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Fusion is the best out there. Pricey if you have money to burn.

Cheap China ones work as well if you can tolerate low fidelity and glitches.

Get the wireless. Wiring is touch and go, Furion is wireless and you can also get two for right side mounting (your blind side).

pushtoy_2
Explorer
Explorer
my wireless camera works great it is a cheep one.. spend a little more money and get one that you can add more cameras. mine can only support one wireless camera the others need to be wired.
just a heads up you can learn from my mistake
DREAMER FMCA200924
GS Life member

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a clear view from the inside rear view mirror to a back window, you can try putting on one of the fresnel lens wide angle view decal things. They work remarkably well, though they're not a camera system by an means. Judging distances in them is tricky (everything looks farther away than it is), and judging positions of things at night very difficult, but during the day it's a big help and quite inexpensive, with very little chance for things to go wrong.

Even with a camera, I think it is well worth having one if your floorplan allows.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Welcome and good luck with your newly acquired MH.
Some people do well using wireless cameras and some don't. Here is some info for you.

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/30025807/gotomsg/30025868.cfm#30025868