cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curt Echo Wireless Trailer Brake Controller???

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer
Explorer
Need to tow a trailer with electric brakes behind our 2016 Winnebago Journey. Ran across the Curt Echo Wireless Trailer Brake Controller on etrailer.com Called and talked with them and this seems almost too good to be true. But etrailer assured me it was as simple as Curt says it is. Price is a little more than a good brake controller and the required pigtail to plug into the Freightliner chassis. Comments please!
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!
6 REPLIES 6

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
spud1957 wrote:
In an emergency situation and you need to manually activate the trailer brakes, grabbing my cell phone and waking it up to activate the brakes would be a deal "braker" for me.

S

Nice one. 😉

babock
Explorer
Explorer
If the brake controller loses contact with the remote, it still keeps whatever setting it had previously. The only issue with these would be the emergency manual activation.

If I was using the trailer on multiple vehicles, I would have no problem using these. I would prefer the Tekonsha.

spud1957
Explorer
Explorer
In an emergency situation and you need to manually activate the trailer brakes, grabbing my cell phone and waking it up to activate the brakes would be a deal "braker" for me.

S
2018 F350 6.7 4x4 CCSB
2022 GD Reflection 337 RLS

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lwiddis wrote:
I’m too old school to place my trust in a wireless brake controller system.

I was thinking the same thing. Altho wires can fail, the wireless stuff just seems too iffy. Any interference, in my case, would occur at the worst possible moment....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

1SG
Explorer
Explorer
I know nothing about the Curt controller but I use the Tekonsha wireless controller and love it. I can move it from one tow rig to another without a problem. I've used it for over 5 years now.
Paul & Sandy
2018 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
'56 Ford Customline Victoria
'62 Chevy Impala SS 409/4spd
U.S. Army Retired
Cloverdale, OR

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I’m too old school to place my trust in a wireless brake controller system.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad