Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: New truck needs some toys
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> New truck needs some toys

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Huntindog

Phoenix AZ

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/20 12:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since my new truck is at 3300 last I checked, it could be born as early as Monday... I have been shopping for accesories for it. I already bought the Husky liners. But am having a hard time finding mud flaps I like. My last two duallys have been outfitted with Husky flaps from day one. They do not have anything for duallys at present.

Also been looking for wheel to wheel running boards. I bought some from J&J Enterprises back in 2001 for my first dually. 3" outer stainless steel tubes with a ribbed stainless steel stepping surface with rubber inlaid for traction. They were about a grand back then, and well worth it. When I got my 2011, I found that J&J was out of buisiness. Not finding anything else I liked, I removed mine from the 2001, made some custom brackets, polished up the stainless, and installed them on my 2011.
I have bee looking for something similar, and striking out. Those 19 year old boards have served me well, but it really is time for new ones.

The reason I like good mud flaps and running boards is because of the amount of gravel/mud/dirt roads we travel on. With the running boards and mud flaps hardly anything makes it onto the paint.

Huntindog
100% boondocking
2010 Palomino Sabre 30 BHDS
84 gal. Grey. 84 gal. Black
2 bathrooms, no waiting
2020 Silverado High Country CC DA 4X4 Big Dually.

Bigfoot affair

Sweet Grass

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/20 12:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Love my DuraFlaps, no drill and fit perfect every time. Had them on my 2012, then my 15. When I traded the 15 for the 18 I recycled them to the new truck... They still look new.
2020 Chevrolet Dura Flaps

Funny enough, I had the J and J boards on my 2003. They still looked like new after 10 yrs of salt etc... Factory boards can't even handle one winter without needing a bunch of polishing in the spring.

[image]

* This post was edited 03/02/20 07:59am by Bigfoot affair *

BarryG20

Castle Rock, Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/29/20 12:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I second the duraflaps. Have been holding up well so far

2016 Jayco 28.5 RLTS

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/20 01:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another happy Dura Flap customer here. They are expensive but they WORK and they're extremely good quality and design. They're not universal. They are designed for your specific application and even differ if you have OEM or aftermarket fender flares.

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins.
2018 Silver Fox 32A.
H0NDA eu2000i

Huntindog

Phoenix AZ

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/20 05:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the pic Bigfoot. Yes those are the running boards I have. I also have the matching ones for the bed, in front of the duals. Makes getting stuff out of the bed easy.

Mine have no corrosion, but have suffered a scrape and a dent over the years. Still look pretty good though and if I have to, I will put them on the new truck. But, it is longer as the crew cab is larger in thr 2020s. Probably would look OK if centered when installing, but with the age, wear and tear, and size difference... I would like a suitable replacement.

I like the Duraflaps. They are not currently offering anything for the 2020 Duallys though. At least not in the no drill models.

* This post was edited 02/29/20 07:08pm by Huntindog *

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/20 05:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This tooo easy...

[image]

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"Built Ford Proud"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Huntindog

Phoenix AZ

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/20 06:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry Fish, it isn't. None of the big three's offerings measure up to what I have now.
The Silverado does come with ones that are very similar to what Ford and Ram do.
IMO, a waste of money. Mine will come off ASAP, for something better.

southernsky

Ponchatoula La.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/01/20 05:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought cab length running boards from the dealer. The 2018 will fit the new body 2019. Still waiting for Husky to make the molded mud guards. Going to check my buddies Husky mud guards on his 2016 to see if they fit my 2019.

2019 Ram 3500 Laramie DRW Crew Cab 6.7 H.O. CTD 4X4
2016 Grand Design Solitude 369RL 5th Airborne

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/01/20 07:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Huntindog wrote:

Since my new truck is at 3300 last I checked, it could be born as early as Monday... I have been shopping for accesories for it. I already bought the Husky liners. But am having a hard time finding mud flaps I like. My last two duallys have been outfitted with Husky flaps from day one. They do not have anything for duallys at present.

Also been looking for wheel to wheel running boards. I bought some from J&J Enterprises back in 2001 for my first dually. 3" outer stainless steel tubes with a ribbed stainless steel stepping surface with rubber inlaid for traction. They were about a grand back then, and well worth it. When I got my 2011, I found that J&J was out of buisiness. Not finding anything else I liked, I removed mine from the 2001, made some custom brackets, polished up the stainless, and installed them on my 2011.
I have bee looking for something similar, and striking out. Those 19 year old boards have served me well, but it really is time for new ones.

The reason I like good mud flaps and running boards is because of the amount of gravel/mud/dirt roads we travel on. With the running boards and mud flaps hardly anything makes it onto the paint.

I fixed your post so it is easier to read and not as hard on one's eyes.

2015 RAM 3500 CC SB SRW Our Rig New 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Commuter trailer 2019 Laredo 225MK. Retired and enjoying it!

ACZL

UPstate,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/01/20 07:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FWIW, I went w/ DeeZee running boards. That's all I've ever owned/bought since '83. Anyways, like yourself, I wanted box boards as well but no-one makes them anymore at least in my searches. Would still like to have them for my dually. Being a lil short on the vertical side of height, I cannot reach into the bed of truck to do anything w/ the hitch, so bought (w/ suggestions of folks on here) one of those things you place over the tires and folds up to stand on. WORKS GREAT !!! As for mudflaps, I think I went w/ Weathertech or another brand which were no drill ones. Easy-peazy install but IMO still a tad too short as far as length goes. Bought a pair of 1/4 fender tops, trimmed to size and bolted them on w/ SS hardware. Now w/ 5er attached, rear end drops down enough to where any debris that gets kicked up from tires now hits the add'l flap. I do think some one posted somewheres (perhaps another RV forum) about dually flaps and a company that makes quite a few diff kinds w/ diff logos and such on them which may be as long as my "cob" job.....not sure. Plus don't know if they are no drill. Hope this helps some.

2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> New truck needs some toys
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.