cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Diesel Fuel

edbehnke
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2015 diesel and want to go to Mazatlan.

Can anyone tell me what exactly will happen if I run a few hundred gallons of diesel fuel through my truck?
eddie and sandie
3402 Montana 2013
Ford F350 2015
6 REPLIES 6

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Actually as far as Mazatlan most fuel is ULSD. Try to use Arco where possible, all of theirs is. We asked the pemex just past the san miguel toll booth just north of los mochis and he said his is ULSD.

js218
Explorer
Explorer
Have been to Mexico twice, ~ 600 gallons fuel with no ill effects.
2017 Haulmark 45' Super C 600hp, 12 speed I shift transmission, tandem drive axles, 3 stage engine brake, towing 26' trailer with an 08 explorer inside.
Jim

Talleyho69
Fortunately, we have a number of regular posters that run diesel trucks and will answer you soon.

Mazatlan is a wonderful place, we almost settled there permanently.

Jim_and_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Recommend you take two OEM fuel filters and one oil filter, make sure you drain your water separator each day preferably in the morning before you start driving. Diesel fuel in Mexico is known to have a high water content so be aware also lotta sulfur it may stink

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
It is my understanding most diesel in Mexico is LSD rather than ULSD. No idea of consequences of using it in newer diesels. But I know it has been discussed before here or other RV sites.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Not much will happen...normal wear and tear.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad