cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Floor plan: Front Bathroom, Middle Kitchen, Rear Lounge

imnrvr
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen similar postings, but not the same layout. We have been looking for a small, less than 24ft travel trailer, floor plan which has the bathroom at the front, the kitchen in the middle and the living/bed area at the back. Most every manufacturer has a queen bed in the front with a small variation of the rest of the layout in the back; bath, bunks, etc. There will just be the two of us travelling the states. Here is why would like this plan:

1. The living area is at the back of the trailer with lots of windows.
2. The sofas are opposite each other for conversation.
3. The entertainment centre is at the back with easy viewing from either sofa.
4. The entertainment centre could be a pop-up, or wall mounted unit depending on the need for a rear window.
5. The Free Standing Table may be used inside or taken outside and used with the exterior camp kitchen.
6. The large pantry remains.
7. There is now a good sized food preparation area between the cooktop and the refrigerator.
8. There is a desk beside the door for laptop use. ( or where things can be placed as they are moved from the main kitchen to the camp kitchen.)
9. There is a linen closet beside the door that can be used for coats and shoes.
10. The microwave could go under the cooktop instead of an oven.
11. An awning is not interrupted by a slide and could go over top of the outdoor camp kitchen as well.
12. Outdoor shower and plumbing could be placed at the linen cabinet beside the shower.
13. The kitchen sink, stove, and refrigerator area could be flipped to keep the plumbing closer together.
14. Lots of overhead cupboard space.
15. Roof could be pre-wired to mount at least four solar panels (26โ€ by 56โ€ ea 195W?).

and most of all

16. Easy to get in and out of older campsites!

Here is a photoshopped Coachmen Freedom Express 19RBS floor plan that illustrates what we are looking for. Has anyone ever seen such a plan? Comments?

2013 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cummins
2012 Evergreen Everlite 30RLS
7 REPLIES 7

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
imnrvr wrote:
I've seen similar postings, but not the same layout. We have been looking for a small, less than 24ft travel trailer, floor plan which has the bathroom at the front, the kitchen in the middle and the living/bed area at the back. Most every manufacturer has a queen bed in the front with a small variation of the rest of the layout in the back; bath, bunks, etc. There will just be the two of us travelling the states. Here is why would like this plan:

1. The living area is at the back of the trailer with lots of windows.
2. The sofas are opposite each other for conversation.
3. The entertainment centre is at the back with easy viewing from either sofa.
4. The entertainment centre could be a pop-up, or wall mounted unit depending on the need for a rear window.
5. The Free Standing Table may be used inside or taken outside and used with the exterior camp kitchen.
6. The large pantry remains.
7. There is now a good sized food preparation area between the cooktop and the refrigerator.
8. There is a desk beside the door for laptop use. ( or where things can be placed as they are moved from the main kitchen to the camp kitchen.)
9. There is a linen closet beside the door that can be used for coats and shoes.
10. The microwave could go under the cooktop instead of an oven.
11. An awning is not interrupted by a slide and could go over top of the outdoor camp kitchen as well.
12. Outdoor shower and plumbing could be placed at the linen cabinet beside the shower.
13. The kitchen sink, stove, and refrigerator area could be flipped to keep the plumbing closer together.
14. Lots of overhead cupboard space.
15. Roof could be pre-wired to mount at least four solar panels (26โ€ by 56โ€ ea 195W?).

and most of all

16. Easy to get in and out of older campsites!

Here is a photoshopped Coachmen Freedom Express 19RBS floor plan that illustrates what we are looking for. Has anyone ever seen such a plan? Comments?

I like it. I could use something like that too.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
imnrvr wrote:
Hoping for more efficient batteries?

Battle Borns.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
If the Oliver does it for you also check out Scamp 16 layout 5 & 6.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

imnrvr
Explorer
Explorer
TurnThePage wrote:
The front of the trailer is typically angled quite a bit, eliminating standing room. Probably the main reason you don't see that floor plan. Oliver's have a front bathroom but no slides and they aren't cheap. There are some models out there that the front stays vertical but come to a point on the tongue. I think they call them V-nose. I've seen at least one of those with a bathroom at the front. They may not be made anymore either.

I believe an Oliver is what I am looking for. Thank you for the information! It is very much appreciated.

imnrvr
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
Why would you need 780 solar panel watts unless you had 700 to 750 amp batteries? In a 24 foot max length TT?

Thanks for the good question. Hoping for more efficient batteries? Have 960W now with 400ah worth of batteries - flat mounted panels, and only getting 600W of useable power.

Not a necessity for this trailer. Again, good catch!

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
The front of the trailer is typically angled quite a bit, eliminating standing room. Probably the main reason you don't see that floor plan. Oliver's have a front bathroom but no slides and they aren't cheap. There are some models out there that the front stays vertical but come to a point on the tongue. I think they call them V-nose. I've seen at least one of those with a bathroom at the front. They may not be made anymore either.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Nope. Never encountered that arrangement.

Why would you need 780 solar panel watts unless you had 700 to 750 amp batteries? In a 24 foot max length TT?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad