cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to clean the toilet flap thing...

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
It has stains on it....want to douse it with bleach but do not want to open up can of worms for hubby to fix the seal. He hates plumbing.
Any ideas...I did use clorox clean up beach to no avail...it works great on white sinks though if you let it sit for 10 minutes.
8 REPLIES 8

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
I don't remember what it is DW got but it's marvelous for removing mildew, mold and hard water deposits. It's in a purple trigger-pump spray bottle that sprays out foam. I assume she got it at Walmart, that's where she gets 99.9% of everything.

roaminaround
Explorer
Explorer
Sometimes the mineral deposits get too thick to clean. We winter in AZ and the water is terrible at one park. The mineral deposits were so bad the flap wouldnโ€™t hold water anymore. I had to disassemble and scrape the flap with a putty knife. I know itโ€™s not the answer your wanted but it worked.
2019 Rockwood 2608BS
2018 Ford F250 6.7 diesel
2006 Fish Rite 18' Yamaha 115 and T8

AFHauler
Explorer
Explorer
dcason wrote:
It has stains on it....want to douse it with bleach but do not want to open up can of worms for hubby to fix the seal. He hates plumbing.
Any ideas...I did use clorox clean up beach to no avail...it works great on white sinks though if you let it sit for 10 minutes.

We have used paper towel with plain baking soda with some water to make a paste. It cleans the bowl real nice, too. Just be sure not to drop the paper towel into the holding tank.
H & P
2015 Arctic Fox 29L, 2016 F350 PSD Crew Cab 4X4

Geocache team: Afternoonshift

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
If those things dont work you might also try Bon Ami, which works surprisingly well on plastic, or car polish.

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Pretty sure it's plastic so you might Google what cleans stains from plastic. Read a thread way back which indicated that someone used their denture cleaner to remove the stain.
Kevin

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ours gets mineral deposits from the various water sources used throughout the country. We use a toilet bowl cleaner made by Lime-A-Way to get rid of the deposits and stains. Don't use it every time, just when it gets bad looking.

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
Ah, thank you...never thought about that! It doesn't do great on tiles.... Will get some.
Donna

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Tilex great for awning too.