cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slideouts not working

jgraham429A
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2001 Damon Challenger equiped with a power gear slideout system for 2 slideouts. Both slideouts stopped working and looking at the manual they operate off of the coach batteries. I had to pull the batteries out, but assumed the slideouts would still work. Is the fact that the coach batteries are not hooked up the problem? any suggestions what to look for would be appreciated. I am connected to electricity
8 REPLIES 8

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
jgraham429A wrote:
you know my son told me just to take an old car battery and hook it up and probably completing the circuit would make it work. thanks everybody for your help.

Well THAT is bad advice too.

YOu need a healthy supply of 12 VDC to open the slides.
The only 2 ways you can get that is with a healthy battery OR if you are plugged into shore power.

Note the previous comment about the slides being disabled while the engine is running.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

jgraham429A
Explorer
Explorer
you know my son told me just to take an old car battery and hook it up and probably completing the circuit would make it work. thanks everybody for your help.

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
jgraham429A wrote:
I had to pull the batteries out, but assumed the slideouts would still work. Is the fact that the coach batteries are not hooked up the problem?

What ?? Where do you think the power would come from with no batteries present ?
BAD assumption.
Yes, that is your problem.

NOTE: With my Damon, the slides are locked out when the engine is running.....meaning they won't move on purpose.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Even a partially charged battery may not work. Power up your rig and the slideouts should work.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
way2roll wrote:
jgraham429A wrote:
thanks Yankee Clipper. The RV is level, but there are physically no batteries. I checked the battery connect/disconnect switch and started the unit, but still no success

Mystery solved. No coach batteries, no power to the slides.

Yep...it completes the curcuit. Even a dead battery would make it work

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
jgraham429A wrote:
thanks Yankee Clipper. The RV is level, but there are physically no batteries. I checked the battery connect/disconnect switch and started the unit, but still no success

Mystery solved. No coach batteries, no power to the slides.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

jgraham429A
Explorer
Explorer

Yankee_Clipper
Explorer
Explorer
For my system, the PowerGear motors require that the coach be level, the batteries have at least 12.4 volts, and the engine be operating. Also, check your battery storage switch of ON or USE.

HTH
Yankee Clipper
2014 Winnebago Sightseer 33C on Ford F53 6.8l V10
2014 Honda CRV 4 down toad/Roadmaster Falcon2 with EvenBrake
TireMinder TPMS,Tiger, the Little Big Man minidachshund,
Rosey the minidachshund resident Princess-in-Chief