Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: black tank chemicals
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> black tank chemicals

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/09/20 07:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ScottG wrote:

DFord wrote:

If anybody told me my s--t didn't stink I wouldn't believe them. I don't believe yours doesn't stink either. It simply defies reality. If you're using only water, I sure don't want to be around while you're dumping or for long while afterwards.

I've certainly been around when it happens. It's always some old guy who's too cheap and selfish to give a dang. He fouls a city block as those decent people behind him in line at the dump are forced to suffer.

We need a LIKE button. [emoticon]

kellem

Shenandoah valley,VA

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/20 01:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We use happy camper with 2 gallons of water.
I respect others opinions but not buying the plain ole water = no odor....been there done that.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/20 02:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have been using plain water and plenty of it for over a year.

I can tell you the odor is not there UNLESS you are running an exhaust fan when you flush.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

SamanthaNichols

2046 Hillcrest Drive Tacoma, WA 98402

View Profile

Posted: 08/05/20 05:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Walex TOI-91799 work and they work well. Plain and simple. My husband and I just moved into a 5th wheel full time. Stepping on that toilet pedal and opening that hole above the black water tank is no longer a concern. It was terrifying before we got there. They do an amazing job of eliminating the odor. As far as breaking waste and paper down, it seems like it's doing the job as well.

JoeH

Apollo Beach,FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/06/20 05:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

way2roll wrote:

DFord wrote:

My Trek friends tipped me off to Happy Campers a few years ago and I've been using it ever since with excellent results. I put one scoop in the toilet and use my bowl mop to clean the toilet (and up under the ring) to keep the bowl sparkly and odor free, then flush. I put another scoop in the sink to swish it around to make sure it completely dissolves before releasing it to the tank. My Trek came with a black tank flush system and I added a diverter valve along with a flush spray for the greywater tank.

https://www.usautoauthority.com/best-rv-holding-tank-treatments/

https://www.smartrving.net/best-rv-holding-tank-treatments/

[image]

Can't find anywhere what the list of ingredients are- Not on their website, google search, nothing. (material safety data sheet) Happy Campers consists of Zinc salts and unnamed materials. Happy Camper is a highly concentrated monohydrate (which is a fancy way of saying there is one molecule of water per molecule of the rest of the ingredients). blend of minerals and micro nutrients. Curious why they don't tell you what those micro nutrients are. I'm always cautious of products labelled as "organic" and "natural" as those claims are not really regulated and are used a lot in marketing and further cautious when it's really hard to find out what's actually in it.

I've wondered what is in there too.... like you, I can't find anything that documents the contents.

Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/06/20 07:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No matter Happy Campers content, it really works! I don't plan to use the product for anything I plan to contact so its content doesn't really concern me.
With that said, I am still a big fan of WATER and WATER alone. I sometimes use Happy Camper in the grey tank when I get some odors from an unknown source but only use it in the black if I am going to be dry camping for weeks at a time without dump facilities available.

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

RambleOnNW

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/06/20 12:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The people claiming water only works likely have a smelling problem. We use Walex Porta-pak and Bio-pak tablets and have no odor, even when dumping. But if it sits for a couple of days in hot weather it will start to smell. We might not smell much inside but the vent gases will be strong outside.

2006 Jayco 28', E450 6.8L V10, Bilstein HDs,
Roadmaster Anti-Sway Bars, Blue Ox TigerTrak

RJsfishin

Winston Or.

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/20 08:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lwiddis wrote:

Lots of water, fill before you dump, dump often and add four or so gallons after dumping. No chemicals needed.

If you ever camped downwind from a dump station, you'll know exactly which RVs use tank treatment and which ones don't
If you are too cheap to use chemical in the black tank, and have no consideration for your fellow campers, stay home !!

Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/20 09:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RambleOnNW wrote:

The people claiming water only works likely have a smelling problem.

You're wrong.

2020 F350 STX 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2020 FR Cedar Ridge Silverback 29rw

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/07/20 10:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RambleOnNW wrote:

The people claiming water only works likely have a smelling problem. We use Walex Porta-pak and Bio-pak tablets and have no odor, even when dumping. But if it sits for a couple of days in hot weather it will start to smell. We might not smell much inside but the vent gases will be strong outside.

Thank you! I have been downwind of too many water only folks over the years.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> black tank chemicals
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.