cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Clear coat peeling on upper curve of roof

DC_MC
Explorer II
Explorer II
Has anyone tried painting this curved portion with a bed liner type product? We are considering doing this on our motorhome. The clear coat is peeling on the upper curved portion.
2006 Mandalay 40E motorcoach
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ
5 REPLIES 5

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
Try watching these two videos:

Can You Repair Badly Damaged and Peeling Clear Coat?

How to Repair Damaged Clear Coat - Auto Body Repair Hacks Revealed
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Floor wax is a temp. and cheap "fix" but is not really a fix. You need to get it addressed right away with a new clear coat. It's not cheap but it's way better than doing nothing. Find someone willing to sand it down and do a new clear coat and you should be good to go for years to come. The only bad news is that this is going to happen on the sides and the rear as well if it has not started already.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

rdhetrick
Explorer
Explorer
I've got the same coach, and the same problem. I've read of people using floor wax that ended up looking good, but I haven't tried it myself.
Rob - Solo Full Timer
2017 Winnebago Travato 59G
Former 2006 Mandalay 40E

DC_MC
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is peeling all the way around. The front is peeling down almost to windshield. MH is mostly black so we wonโ€™t be painting white. Lol
2006 Mandalay 40E motorcoach
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
If it is peeling on the top of the front fiberglass cap, just paint that area white. It will keep the coach temperature cooler and no one will see it anyway.