cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Impossible RV specs... Help!

drtomiverson
Explorer
Explorer
I have done LOTS of research. Cannot find this.
Wife wants a real queen (60*80) that stays made up.
25'max length (OK...25.5 max)
1 slide for dinette so spacious cooking area.
Power drivers seat.
Prefer gas but diesel OK.
12 REPLIES 12

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
bobndot wrote:
The Sunseeker 2350LE at 24โ€™-5โ€ , offers a Serta pillowtop 60-80 queen as well as a second foam 60-90 in the cabover which is also a large storage area.

That is the C I am hoping to find - I like the nice little touches that Forest River puts on their RVs, like making them easy to winterize. I was at a dealer last week looking at a similar-sized Thor, and the salesman tried to convince me that sitting cross-legged on the floor to winterize was "normal". Good grief - I'm 70 and not getting any nimbler...

Unfortunately, these small Cs seem hard to find in our area (SW Michigan) so I wish the OP the best of luck!
Deb
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Sunseeker 2350LE at 24โ€™-5โ€ , offers a Serta pillowtop 60-80 queen as well as a second foam 60-90 in the cabover which is also a large storage area.
There is no slide in the dinette but after removing the curved dinette cushions and replacing them with reclining swivel gaming chairs, we are happy not to have to deal with a slideout.
The comfort of the gaming chairs which are mounted to the dinettes plywood base, are comfy for long term sitting. We never feel cramped in this non-slide floorplan and we always have a large k-9 along. If its of major importance, OEM Seats can always be swapped out for upgrades in the cab area.

You might want to research a similar floorplan on a Transit chassis opposed to an E450 for the increased fuel mileage. Youโ€™ll suffer some payload loss but gain mpg. Just something to consider.

LMHS
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does it HAVE to be a Class C? Have you looked at truck campers. If your truck is big enough to handle the load, you can even tow a car behind them. This one looks like a great alternative to a Class C. http://ruggedmountaincustomrv.com/new-denali-3s-flatbed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsEi_npWrcw

Sionel09
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for reaching out! I know how frustrating it can be to not be able to find the perfect RV. Here is a link that might help you with your search:
https://rvspecs.org/
I hope this helps!

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dusty R wrote:
We have a 2017, Itasca Spirt 27q that we bought new in Aug. 2017. That has a permanent, walk around, Queen Bed.
We put a thicker short mattress on it. Thicker so it was more comfortable, and a Short Queen, so it is easier to get past the end of it.
It is long enough of us.
It has a slide for just the dinette.
Also the sheets in the cab of the E-450, swivel around to use in the coach. But the cab floor is 3-1/2-in. lower than the coach floor.
And the shower is rathe small.

Dusty

My 30 foot Cambria has a small shower ,for a man with wide shoulders like myself.

i installed a curtain rod holder that folds out and allows for more shoulder room and by using a longer curtain keeps the water inside the shower.

Huge difference, now those dang toilets are another issue.

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2017, Itasca Spirt 27q that we bought new in Aug. 2017. That has a permanent, walk around, Queen Bed.
We put a thicker short mattress on it. Thicker so it was more comfortable, and a Short Queen, so it is easier to get past the end of it.
It is long enough of us.
It has a slide for just the dinette.
Also the sheets in the cab of the E-450, swivel around to use in the coach. But the cab floor is 3-1/2-in. lower than the coach floor.
And the shower is rathe small.

Dusty

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Winnebago has many floorplans in that range that have a bed down. Some are corner beds. The View, Navion, Outlook.

As a fulltimer for 15 years, I find food prep space in all the new ones is quite lacking, so I'm keeping my 2006 Tiffin.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

pushtoy_2
Explorer
Explorer
look at a thor vages they are 25ft.on a 450 Ford chassis 4 floor plans great living fixed bed
good luck in your search
DREAMER FMCA200924
GS Life member

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
We were after the same things to a degree. And, as you, after a lot of research, looking and what not we settled on a Phoenix Cruiser 2351D. Course it has a couple of the things you don't want. Not a fixed bed and 26 ft long. But it is a Phoenix Cruiser a quality unit, and has all the things we wanted: Ford 450, full time dinette with plenty of living space.
Just thought it might worth looking at.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
scroll down for the specs on the 2150 model bumper to bumper 24.6". It has everything you asked for. full time 60x80, dinette slide that will also work in the 'IN' position if need be making the floorplan all useful during roadside or rest area stops. VG storage, large tanks.
I have a Sunseeker and find it to be working out very well for us. It works very well in colder climates due to all the interior passages get heated to protect the water pump and all lines.
https://www.forestriverinc.com/brochures/2020/2020sunseekerbrochure.pdf

* one other thing to consider is being able to pull or back into your driveway . sometimes certain low rear overhanging units will scrape on the driveway apron. I can pull in but not back in.

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Folding walk araound queen if that works.
Jayco Melbourne

edit,,, sorry, they are both short queens

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
If she'll accept a 60" x 75" queen bed, maybe a used View/Navion 24G might work for you. They're 25'8" nose to tail, diesel powered, drive like a car/truck/van, and have a slide out rear bed as well as a slide mounted dinette/couch table combo that makes the galley area bigger. The rear bed can remain made up.
Unfortunately, Winnebago dropped the 24G floor plan recently, so used would have to do, as well.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)