cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toad/Dingy Rental

Dominic43
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have information on renting a Toad/Dingy in the San Francisco Bay Area?
11 REPLIES 11

Dominic43
Explorer
Explorer
Update on renting a toad. Check out ToadRental.com.

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
carringb wrote:
You could always try Turo. Since it's personal cars being rented, you might get lucky and find somebody who is already set up.

What a great idea. Im looking to dolly tow something, looking into the rental company contracts to see exactly what is

allowed or not. Basically I'm looking to "rent a wreck" to help with my fishing in the sierras. I have towed my Jk but my new

JL 2019 I am hesitant to invest a ton of money for such short adventures. My JK (jeep wrangler 2 door) was all set up but only went on a few tours.

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
You could always try Turo. Since it's personal cars being rented, you might get lucky and find somebody who is already set up.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Never seen a toad rental store before.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Dominic43
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the feedback. I am exploring the insurance issue raised,

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Horsedoc wrote:
Your own tow dolly and add rental auto maybe?
Then he better be very aware of EXACTLY what can/can not be dolly towed.

But dolly or trailer and there is an accident? I wouldn't want to find out if whatever insurance for the rental is valid or not.

Not suggesting an accident is likely just what if?
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your own tow dolly and add rental auto maybe?
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dominic43 wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Liability and damage risks could be too high to make this business feasable or there is no market demand for toad/dingy rental??
It's a small market.

Plus fewer models can be flat towed each year, hence smaller supply with higher costs.

Bob

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
IMHO there would be a lot of concern involving towing like weight, electrical connection, aux brake, insurance, etc. Not to mention mileage since typically toads don't register towed miles.

Perhaps try craigslist?

Bob

Dominic43
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the reply. Liability and damage risks could be too high to make this business feasable or there is no market demand for toad/dingy rental??

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
I don't believe there is any such rentals anywhere. Way too much liability and risk of damage. You are probably only be able to get get a normal rental car and drive it. Enterprise might be able to transport you to and from your RV site. We have seen a few rigs over the years with RVs towing their personal cars on U-Haul car trailers.