cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Medicare ads!!!!!

DC_MC
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can anyone tell me why we are suffering thru these unending Medicare advantage ads? I thought they would stop after open enrollment but I was wrong.
2006 Mandalay 40E motorcoach
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ
40 REPLIES 40

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
magicbus wrote:
If you have a medical disaster, they take everything.
You make a valid point but with a small exception. The Massachusetts Homestead Act protects up to $500,000 of the value of your Massachusetts primary home from bankruptcy proceedings. You do have to have filed a declaration to be covered while still financially secure. I was a Mass. resident for 3 years before I learned of this.

Dave

Dave, I think Florida may be another. It's my understanding that Florida's homestead act is so strong, that criminals intentionally pour a lot of their money into a lavish estate because it's essentially untouchable. Maybe some of you Floridians can correct my on this if it's wrong. Don
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
BarneyS wrote:
Without telling you which network I usually watch, :W I am sick of the "My Pillow" ads that come on every few minutes all day long! :M
Barney

I'm with ya', Barney. I find pillows purchased at Walmart are just fine at a fraction of the cost. Now he's also hawking sheets and mattress toppers.
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
ksg5000 wrote:
Seems like they have been replaced with endless Liberty Mutual/State Farm/Allstate ads in the Portland Area.

Getting the same ads here in Tucson. I'm getting tired of watching a well aged Joe Namath hawking the product. ๐Ÿ˜„
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
Scottiemom wrote:
Anybody sick of seeing Joe Namath hawk those Medicare plans? There's someone who probably doesn't even need Medicare.

YES!! :E

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Anybody sick of seeing Joe Namath hawk those Medicare plans? There's someone who probably doesn't even need Medicare.
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a medical disaster, they take everything.
You make a valid point but with a small exception. The Massachusetts Homestead Act protects up to $500,000 of the value of your Massachusetts primary home from bankruptcy proceedings. You do have to have filed a declaration to be covered while still financially secure. I was a Mass. resident for 3 years before I learned of this.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Plan F and Plan C are no longer available if you unlucky enough to have been born in 1955 or later. The Government does not want you to have a plan that pays your deductible in hopes it will stop Medicare users from going to the hospital as they will now have to pay that deductible.
I have to find some other plan (G maybe) or simply go without.

Try and be covered as much as possible. When you get admitted to a hospital, you sign a stack of papers. One of those papers gives them permission to put a lien on your home. In year 2016, 643,000 people declared medical bankruptcy. If you have a medical disaster, they take everything. Don
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Plan F and Plan C are no longer available if you unlucky enough to have been born in 1955 or later. The Government does not want you to have a plan that pays your deductible in hopes it will stop Medicare users from going to the hospital as they will now have to pay that deductible.
I have to find some other plan (G maybe) or simply go without.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Eric_Lisa
Explorer II
Explorer II
magicbus wrote:
Ok Boomer...

Okay Boomer?? OKAY BOOMER?!??

I am GenX. That means I will bury you in student debt and facial recognition your millennial butt.

:B :B :B :B :B
Eric & Lisa - Oregon
'97 Silverado K2500, New HT383 motor!, Airbags, anti-sway bar
'03 Lance model 1030, generator, solar,

Expyinflight
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
DVR your shows and zip through them.

That's what we do almost exclusively now. No need to suffer through endless commercials.
2017 Winnebago Spirit 25b

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
T18skyguy wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Bill.Satellite wrote:
So I become Medicare eligible next month. I have signed up for part A and B and will sign up for the Walmart Part D even though I take no medications to avoid late sign up penalties. Anyone have ideas if I need F or some other supplemental?
Completely depends on the state of your health and what it will be in the future. That's where the difficulty lies: in deciding how your health will be down the road.

I know a couple that paid no additional money for their Medicare supplement, and it worked very well for them. Even though he developed cancer when he got older they still basically broke even because he had quite a few years of good health with no medical issues.

Don't forget that Plan F is supposed to not be offered after this year.

Plan F and Plan G are suppose to be exactly the same, except the brokers would push plan F because it makes them more money. For anyone making the Medicare decision, there are many good books on the issue, one being 'Getting What's Yours, Medicare" It's really a major decision that can cost you dearly if you make a mistake.
Mostly true. Plan F pays the Medicare Part B deductible and Plan G doesn't. Also, not all areas offer both plans, some plans are available in some areas, but not other areas.

It's kind of a moot point anyway.

"Beginning in 2020, newly eligible Medicare beneficiaries will not be allowed to enroll in Medigap Plan F because of a new federal law that prohibits plans from covering the Medicare Part B deductible."
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Bill.Satellite wrote:
So I become Medicare eligible next month. I have signed up for part A and B and will sign up for the Walmart Part D even though I take no medications to avoid late sign up penalties. Anyone have ideas if I need F or some other supplemental?
Completely depends on the state of your health and what it will be in the future. That's where the difficulty lies: in deciding how your health will be down the road.

I know a couple that paid no additional money for their Medicare supplement, and it worked very well for them. Even though he developed cancer when he got older they still basically broke even because he had quite a few years of good health with no medical issues.

Don't forget that Plan F is supposed to not be offered after this year.

Plan F and Plan G are suppose to be exactly the same, except the brokers would push plan F because it makes them more money. For anyone making the Medicare decision, there are many good books on the issue, one being 'Getting What's Yours, Medicare" It's really a major decision that can cost you dearly if you make a mistake.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
thestoloffs,
Try sending the Mod a PM. That still works.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

thestoloffs
Explorer
Explorer
Why is this topic still going on in Technology Corner? It has NOTHING to do with technology! It's more appropriate for Around the Campfire.

Moderator, my apologies for making this a public post. Everytime I try to Notify Moderator fails with an error message.