cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carriage 5 th who roof reseal

GaHighPockets
Explorer
Explorer
I am going to reseal the original roof of my 2001 rig, no soft spots,holes, tears etc. just stains. I have kept up wi th h the self leveling sealer for the joints so no leaks as of today. Even though we now full time in our Redwoid, we use the Carriage on a lake lot and for traveling so need to keep it up. This year it’s reseal and new slide toppers. My question is the most suitable reseal product to use dyi.
Topper source as well.
Attitude is a small thing that can make a big difference.
7 REPLIES 7

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
pcm1959 wrote:
I invested in the RV Flex Armor roof for my 2014 fiver. It is a very tough, maintenance free roof and I felt worth for a rig I plan to keep.

ONLY way to go if you are keeping rv. Roof is guaranteed for life & IF you should sell it the warranty is still good for new owner.
Our installer when I picked our rv up after the install told me to keep my old self off that roof . Only thing I regret is not haveing them remove my ladder as it's not needed.

pcm1959
Explorer
Explorer
I invested in the RV Flex Armor roof for my 2014 fiver. It is a very tough, maintenance free roof and I felt worth for a rig I plan to keep.
2018 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2014 Lifestyle LS36FW
St Augustine, FL

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Several years ago, before we stopped being snowbirds, I had an appointment with a a dealer in Florida near where we were staying to re-do our roof with RV FlexArmor. The cost for our 30ft rig was around $3300. I had to cancel the appointment just a few days before we were scheduled for the service because my refrigerator quit and had to be replaced.

I still wish today that we had been able to get that done at that time. Can't happen now as we are not towing anymore and the trailer is permanently parked in a nice camping spot forever. We use it now as our "summer place" and are now freezing our butts off in the cold here in Michigan for the winters.:R 🙂
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Fisher_Bill
Explorer
Explorer
I reached out to the RV Armor company and for a 32-33' they quotes the job for $4200 FWIW.

They have a fast motion video of the entire two day process and it's pretty extensive but I'll probably do it myself, some day...

BarneyS wrote:
I can recommend the Liquid Roof product as I did mine and it is still holding up well today, two years later. I posted about it with picures of the process here. If you take a look make sure you read all the way to the end of the thread (9 pages) to see what happened and how it was fixed.
Good luck.

If I were to do it all over again I think I would use RV Armor. They come to you and guarantee a leak free roof forever.
I have not used them nor do I know anybody who has, so cannot unconditionally recommend them, but just tell you what I probably would do.
Barney
2006 Chevy 3500 Dually 6.6 Duramax Diesel & Allison Transmission
2010 Northshore 28RK by Dutchmen
Our first fifth wheel!!!

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I can recommend the Liquid Roof product as I did mine and it is still holding up well today, two years later. I posted about it with picures of the process here. If you take a look make sure you read all the way to the end of the thread (9 pages) to see what happened and how it was fixed.
Good luck.

If I were to do it all over again I think I would use RV Armor. They come to you and guarantee a leak free roof forever.
I have not used them nor do I know anybody who has, so cannot unconditionally recommend them, but just tell you what I probably would do.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Captain_Happy
Explorer
Explorer
I'd go with "HENG'S Rubber ROOF Coating" It's all about the prep work, like cleaning the roof first. No primer needed either.

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Liquid Roof RV Roof Repair Liquid EPDM Coatings - 5 Gallon Pail by Liquid Roof Inc.

Do a google search and you will find lots of information and video.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos