cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

high quality rubber ergonomic potentiometer knob

Mobilesport
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Planner 44d diesal heater that I'm modifying the controller , it came with a little potentiometer that was kinda hard to turn .
I at first modified it by simply glueing a bigger knob on with The Amazing Goop adhesive and that made it much easier to turn but over time I realized I could improve it further by installing a bigger nicer pot .
Anyways I'm looking for a knob now , might put a better knob on my car stereo too.

First picture is the knob glued onto my Planner controller knob.
Then the rest of the pictures are what I've found so far for installing a new knob on a completely bigger potentiometer .

high quality rubber ergonomic potentiometer knob

8 REPLIES 8

Mobilesport
Explorer
Explorer
Best knob I've found yet.

Mobilesport
Explorer
Explorer
.Autoterm Planar 44d 4kw (12v) Diesel Air Heater With Pu-5 Controller
$639.00
eBay
Free shipping

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
planar heater?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Mobilesport
Explorer
Explorer
The planner heater can be modified to take a bigger in size 8k ohm potentiometer that turns much easier then the original pot.
After removing the original knob and taking the case apart you would find the original very small pot that can be turned with a small straight edge jewellers screw driver.
Basically unsolder the old pot and solder in the new pot.
Build a case , done.
Pictures of the finished product in the near future .

I've had quite of few heaters and I believe this one is the best you can buy mainly because of the power mode that allows you to simply dial the heat at whatever level you want , for example your able to dial to a very small trickle of heat output or up to blasting out massive heat.
8k ohm potentiometer

Mobilesport
Explorer
Explorer
opnspaces wrote:
Go nautical.
Ships wheel

I may consider if it fits , lol.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Never thought I'd have reason to wirte write this here but um..
Nice knobs!

I'm partial to good old chicken head knobs myself.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Go nautical.
Ships wheel
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Mobilesport
Explorer
Explorer
More knobs