cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Diesel Fuel for newer diesels

edbehnke
Explorer
Explorer
How are people dealing with the fuel issue in Mexico?

I have a 2015 Ford F350 and requires the ULSD fuel. I have issues already in the states with the darn DPF/CAT system.

Any thoughts would be helpful, I'd like to drive down to Mazatlan again.
eddie and sandie
3402 Montana 2013
Ford F350 2015
25 REPLIES 25

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
ghostrider421 wrote:
http://www.rvnetwork.com/topic/128001-latest-info-on-ultra-low-sulfur-diesel-in-mexico/

That was before the new president came into office in November 2018 and axed the proposals for ULSD.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Talleyho69
But check the dates....2017

ghostrider421
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.rvnetwork.com/topic/128001-latest-info-on-ultra-low-sulfur-diesel-in-mexico/
Capt Phillip & Mattie
Guyana - 2013-2019 Dodge 1500, Lance camper - SOLD
Brasil - 2019 > 12m work boat conversion - leased out
Panana - 1976 > 16m Skookum ketch

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Of course Mexican trucks do not have any fuel problems. Their trucks do not have all that new pollution eqpt. Theyusesomething like a 2004 vehicle. ThezMexican carriers will not buy uyrucksthat require ulsd until it is available everywhere. What do they lnow that some posters here do not know.

Moisheh

Galvanizd
Explorer
Explorer
qtla9111 wrote:
Wow, you're right. I checked the forum search and it goes back to October 2005.

Almost 15 years. I was so much younger then ๐Ÿ™‚

2005 huh? I can't remember back that far. I was much younger then also. I joined this forum in 2004 and was heading to mexico then. I wonder if it went on before then?

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Wow, you're right. I checked the forum search and it goes back to October 2005.

Almost 15 years. I was so much younger then ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Galvanizd
Explorer
Explorer
playaboy wrote:
Galvanizd wrote:
Hey, I remember this same argument on this forum back in 2008 and then again in 2011. I see not much has changed in 2020. I asked this same question last year for a friend traveling to mexico and got mixed responses from these forum. I told my friend to check with the manufacture and get it in writing whatever the answer was.

This only affects diesel rigs from NOB visiting Mexico. What is that? 1500 trucks total for a year? Mexican trucks have no problems with LSD.

Yeah. This is a forum in the U.S. about Rving in Mexico and South America . Its supposed to provide information to visitors traveling to those countries reference rving. Mexican trucks having no problems in their own country, well thats just great. One would hope that would be the case. I told my friend,.....again, as we visit mexico this february to check with his manufacture and get it in writing , whatever the answer cause this forum has been debating this issue for years. I would say the same to the original poster.

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
Galvanizd wrote:
Hey, I remember this same argument on this forum back in 2008 and then again in 2011. I see not much has changed in 2020. I asked this same question last year for a friend traveling to mexico and got mixed responses from these forum. I told my friend to check with the manufacture and get it in writing whatever the answer was.

This only affects diesel rigs from NOB visiting Mexico. What is that? 1500 trucks total for a year? Mexican trucks have no problems with LSD.

Galvanizd
Explorer
Explorer

js218
Explorer
Explorer
Rig has been serviced 3x's since last Mexico trip oil changed, filters and fuel filters changed just routine maintenance, like I said no ill effects.
2017 Haulmark 45' Super C 600hp, 12 speed I shift transmission, tandem drive axles, 3 stage engine brake, towing 26' trailer with an 08 explorer inside.
Jim

js218
Explorer
Explorer
Well like I said no ill effects and will be heading back to Baja Mexico in March.
2017 Haulmark 45' Super C 600hp, 12 speed I shift transmission, tandem drive axles, 3 stage engine brake, towing 26' trailer with an 08 explorer inside.
Jim

ProudCanuck42
Explorer
Explorer
moisheh wrote:
It might have been ulsd. Regardless your Volvo will have emission problems if you use lsd. Hrck Volvos and Cascadias hve emission problems with the correct fuel. I font know if your truck uses an integrated system like the fl one box.
If it does repairs to that can be many thousands. That is an expensive nice rig
I sure would not use the wrong fuel

Well my neighour's cousin knows a guy whose barber says...โ€ฆ. Oooops,I forgot I posted that the OP should only listen to "actual experience" and not to listen to opinions.. Looks like you may have forgot that too.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
It might have been ulsd. Regardless your Volvo will have emission problems if you use lsd. Hrck Volvos and Cascadias hve emission problems with the correct fuel. I font know if your truck uses an integrated system like the fl one box.
If it does repairs to that can be many thousands. That is an expensive nice rig
I sure would not use the wrong fuel

js218
Explorer
Explorer
Pemex Buena Vista Baja Sur Mexico was my fill up on the way back to the states
Jim