cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV Skylight Shade Above Shower

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone bought this product, the reason I am asking is they have 2 shades, one is a total sun blocker and the other is a partial sun blocker, I would still like some light but does the partial shade blocker still reduce the heat enough or should I go with the total blocker.

I block my skylight during the summer to keep the heat out but it makes the shower/hallway area to dark.

Let me know what shade you have and how it works.

Link to product

https://www.duoformplastics.com/copy-of-cleaning-products
8 REPLIES 8

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
The glass in our skylight is dual pane and is smoked. We don't get much heat or cold either one thru the skylight but do get light in. Early am, I wish it was much darker than it is.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Jay Pat wrote:
When parked out in the sun, I used a can of white Krylon fusion spray paint and applied a light coat on the exterior side of the skylight.

I coated both of my skylights with white Plastidip. If I don't like it, I can peel it off.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Tin-bender
Explorer
Explorer
What Jay said, Krylon!

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
When we had the new roof sprayed on had the old skylight replaced with one that is dark on the outside lens. Made a big difference last summer in the heat.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Jay Pat wrote:
When parked out in the sun, I used a can of white Krylon fusion spray paint and applied a light coat on the exterior side of the skylight.
After viewing the light inside, I gave it another light coat and check inside.
I now have a nice light inside without the heat.
Hopefully, you find this helpful.
Pat

What he said^^^^^.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

gvisnic
Explorer
Explorer
When we were in Arizona, had a gal make custom front window shades that snap on from the outside. She also made one for the entry door and also one for the shower skylight from sun shade type material that you would find like the material that hooks onto the awning to stop sun. Installed snaps into the skylight frame and it can be easily removed or put up. Works great. The one you are looking at would not work in ours since ours is not a rectangle

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
I use a piece of static cling tint film. It’s widely available and normally used as temporary window tinting in something like a minivan to keep the little ones temporarily shaded on sunny days.

I think the pack I bought was $20 and had 3 sheets, 1 each, light grey, dark grey and silvered / reflective. I just used a razor blade to cut to fit my skylight and swap them out in seconds.

Jay_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
After viewing the light inside, I gave it another light coat and check inside.
I now have a nice light inside without the heat.
Hopefully, you find this helpful.
Pat
2010 Ford F-350 SRW
2021 Grand Design Reflection 315