cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

5th Wheel Alignment & Lippert Correct Track

allen8106
Explorer
Explorer
Lippert has a system for trailer wheel alignment called Lippert Correct Track. Has anyone had any experience with this system?
2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76
2020 Nights 68
10 REPLIES 10

minnow
Explorer
Explorer
The last I read, Lippert no longer sells the CorrectTrac.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Here is an old post showing a method of aligning axles while only raising the trailer a small amount.

lenr
Explorer II
Explorer II
I installed the Correct Track only to raise the trailer 2" closer to level. After a panic hard stop from about 50 mph, I found a rear spring hanger ripped forward at a 45 degree angle with just the front weld keeping it in place. Scary to think what would have happened if it came off completely. We came home and had the Correct Tracks removed, riser tubes welded in, new spring hangers, and MORryde SRE4000 installed. I do not recommend Correct Track because of the additional leveraged stress that it puts on the spring hanger.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a video of it in action. If it were me I'd want cross bracing as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp5iRVPwYZg

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
Old-Biscuit wrote:
It is a bolt on or welded on set of brackets that attach to each shakle.
Off set cam plate goes on bracket and is used to align the axles

Park trailer on stragiht level area
Drop a plumb-bob from king pin
Mark surface where plumb-bob points at
Measure distance from Mark to tires both sides

Installation is straight forward and will result in approx 2" taller overall height of trailer

That's assuming that the king pin is actually centered. Several years ago, someone posted about unusual tire wear and had his axles aligned. Found out that the pin box was 3/4" off-center. Yeah, that'd affect tire wear...

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Second Chance wrote:
I have experience with it. All the Correct Track system will do is allow you to make sure the axles are parallel with each other and perpendicular to the center-line of the trailer. The system can do nothing about caster, camber or toe. If you have a bent axle or spindle, the only solution is either bending the axle or replacing the axle/spindle unit.

Rob
They no longer install them from the factory. The add on units extend your spring hangers and make it easier to break one as they generate more leverage. There are three factors used to align an RV. Correct Track only deals with one of them. The alignment shop that did my last trailer doesn't use them they leave them alone and just move everything like they always do.
My opinion is that it is another gimmick that makes you think you are getting something for your money. My understanding was that a dealer would charge around $100.00 to check your "alignment" then charge more to adjust it. A proper wheel alignment at a RV suspension shop cost me $200.00 and it adjusted all three factors tracking, plus camber and toe.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have experience with it. All the Correct Track system will do is allow you to make sure the axles are parallel with each other and perpendicular to the center-line of the trailer. The system can do nothing about caster, camber or toe. If you have a bent axle or spindle, the only solution is either bending the axle or replacing the axle/spindle unit.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've installed it on two fifth wheels just for the 2" lift, and had no problems. You can pm me if you have any questions.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is a bolt on or welded on set of brackets that attach to each shakle.
Off set cam plate goes on bracket and is used to align the axles

Park trailer on stragiht level area
Drop a plumb-bob from king pin
Mark surface where plumb-bob points at
Measure distance from Mark to tires both sides

Installation is straight forward and will result in approx 2" taller overall height of trailer
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Installed it myself with help from the DW. Allow plenty of time. Follow instructions. Have plenty of tools, jacks, lumber, pry bar & somebody to help.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995